*** Official Alienware Notebook System Replacement Thread ***

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Sep 3, 2015.

?

Did Dell/Alienware handle your system exchange appropriately?

1. Yes: extremely pleased with the swift manner they handled my warranty service and exchange.

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Yes: pleased with the outcome, but resolution took too long and required a lot of effort on my part.

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No: not happy with the downgraded system I received as an exchange, or there were other issues.

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. No: not happy because my warranty issue has never been resolved and nobody responds to my concerns.

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After waiting for a good 10 days I got this quote from Dell -_- @Vasudev @VICKYGAMEBOY

Configuration changes:

=====================

- 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H (6- Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

- 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare NVIDIA G-SYNC Enabled 300-nits IPS

- LCD Back Cover - Epic Silver

- 16GB, 1x16GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

- 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD

- NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1070 OC with 8GB GDDR5

- Internal US/Int (Qwerty) Per-Key RGB Backlight Keyboard

- Windows(R) 10 Home Plus Single Language, English
    - Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019
    - McAfee(R) Live Safe 12 month Subscription

This will be a new system not a refurb one.
    I declined this system since, it is a clear downgrade from my system, 7820hk,120Hz Gsync, 32GB, 1TBSSD+1TBHDD, 1080 MQ
    They have asked me to wait for another week to get me a new config for a REFURB system again from their factory team as 15 R3 is EOL
    Damn you DELL.
    Sub par system for $5k
    Never going down the alienware route again even if I get a good config now.
    Screw them!

2. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    They gonna throw you a few bones before they give you the good stuff lol.

3. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This. Every company these days will try to give out as little as possible. Keep telling them it isn't good enough until you either get an exact equivalent of what you are owed or something better.

4. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah.
    I am holding my ground and pushing for a system with better specs than what they previously offered. I got another reply from them today stating that they still don't have a matching refurb unit and their factory team will get back with another update after 2-3 Business days. I am really annoyed since the process began around 14 Jan.
    Piss poor service and a piss poor system. So much for my first Alienware experience. $4k wasted on this hot pile of garbage.

They told me that the 15R3 and 15R4 are EOL now and they only have 17R5 for now. Does that mean I will be getting a new 17R5 after some wait since they offered me a new 17R5 previously or they'll be giving me a refurb 15R4?

5. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    its not that long, ive waited almost half a year for a proper system, but yes you might get 17R5 if the factory team says ur model is not on production list..

msri15603 likes this.