*** Official Alienware Notebook System Replacement Thread ***

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Sep 3, 2015.

?

Did Dell/Alienware handle your system exchange appropriately?

1. Yes: extremely pleased with the swift manner they handled my warranty service and exchange.

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Yes: pleased with the outcome, but resolution took too long and required a lot of effort on my part.

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No: not happy with the downgraded system I received as an exchange, or there were other issues.

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. No: not happy because my warranty issue has never been resolved and nobody responds to my concerns.

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. cruisin5268d

cruisin5268d Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Then they can order you a new one - but I wouldn’t accept anything less than that either.

My delivery estimate is 5 weeks from now...so hope you’re not in a hurry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can be patient. I purchased an xps 9370 (this was due to the 15r2 issues) from the outlet that is surprisingly quite capable on the cpu side. I have an Akitio node on the way as well for my gtx 1080 ti.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  3. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    Dell's response below - they are claiming the 7700HQ is Superior to the 6820HK. I politely disagreed...

On the LCD Front we do need to make a change to provide the UHD LCD instead of the proposed FHD, I have contacted the Factory team and requested they make the change.

However as far as Dell is concerned the 7th Generation 7700HQ is a superior CPU to the 6th Gen 6820HK, so we can't request that change be made.

We will get back to you once we have the next configuration option for you to review.

4. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    Bollocks.

Are you in the UK?

5. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    Nope USA. But I will refuse any non HK CPU at this point.

6. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    Strange. I thought you might be UK based on other reports of Dell UK being stingy on the upgrades whereas US seems to be pretty liberal with the upgrades on exchanges.

Well now you need to get your technical ducks in a row. Point out the difference with the HK series CPUs and why that’s an important feature to you. Also, see if you can’t find some benchmarks to support that. Also I would not accept the 1060 series GPU either.

I’ll PM you the email address for my agent as a Hail Mary for you but in the meantime keep pressing. They need your approval so someone has to cave - either him or you.

7. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    Thanks - saw the PM but that is the same person I am dealing with! Sticking to my guns on needing an HK replacement that is overclockable etc.

8. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    This is sooo bizarre. FYI his name also shows up as Something else. I’ll send you that name too.

I can’t imagine this is actually the same person. My guy has been super helpful - I asked him about some minor changes and his response was along the lines of “I’m sorry Mr. arush5268d, I’m not able to add that to this type of order but you can call the Dell Cares team and they can help you out.”

He was also able to upgrade the screen to G-sync and we worked out another compromise.

Hopefully some of the previous posters will chime in with some tips. As of now you absolutely have not been offered a fair deal.

9. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    I agree. Basically I responded by saying I would not accept anything that was not an HK overclockable series CPU. They can either do that or refund the purchase and warranty price. I was surprised by his insistence that the 7700 HQ was superior.

10. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    Why did you go the Node route? That has a higher overhead loss than the AGA for an eGPU