*OFFICIAL* Alienware M18xR1/R2/18 Benchmark Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Welcome to *Part 3* of the Alienware M18xR1/R2 "Avenger" Benchmark thread here on NBR. We are pleased to also include the new Alienware 18 "Viking" in the family of über beasts.
    Please use this thread to discuss benchmark results, tips, settings and of course post your results for the community to see...

You don't need to have an overclocked Extreme CPU or the latest and greatest video card to post your results. The only requirement for posting your benchmark results is a desire to have fun and show others what your hardware is capable of. Your beast can be completely stock or wickedly overclocked... nobody should ever feel excluded on the basis of hardware grade or lack of experience.

A Word of Caution on Benchmarking

While benchmarking and number chasing can be loads of fun, please be aware that this often involves pushing your system to its limits. It can and will stress your components. Do so at your own risk - nobody is responsible for this but you. Be sure you monitor temperatures and maintain proper awareness of your system's behavior.

Benchmark Utilities and Apps

There is a nearly endless list of utilities and apps which can be used to benchmark your system. The core enthusiast group will have plenty of suggestions - so ask away.

Futuremark has become the defacto standard for overclockers and benching addicts. They have a list of products as long as your arm, and some of them are now available through Steam. There are limited "free" versions of their most popular tools. Visit the Futuremark Store for more details.

Other than Futuremark, there are tons of component benchmarks that focus on specific hardware. Below are just a few examples.

Gaming Benchmarks

Many of the latest games include a benchmark tool. There are also countless other benchmarks that use your installed games or simulate gameplay. You can also use Fraps to measure your in-game framerate performance. Below are a few examples.

Forum Rules and Benching Etiquette

As with all threads here on NBR, please remember the forum rules when posting. Stay on topic in this thread as much as possible. Anything relating to performance tuning, benching and overclocking is fine, but this is not a future hardware speculation thread. If you have questions limited to CPU overclocking and "how to", bear in mind we do have a special thread devoted to that subject. Here is a link for Sandy, Ivy and Haswell CPU overclocking discussion: http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...ad-learn-how-share-tips-here.html#post7493781.

It is easy to get excited and passionate about benching, but nobody wants to be told that their baby is ugly. Being an enthusiastic fanboy is fine, but use of profanity, bickering and being openly rude is never acceptable. This includes, for example, making insulting or belittling comments directed toward the fanboy of a different video card brand. This sort of behavior will not be tolerated. Please take a moment to review the Forum Rules before posting.

NOTE: Posting massive images is a violation of forum rules. Any images over 500x500 must be resized, thumbnailed with links to full size images, added as a file attachment or placed within a spoiler. Images embedded within posts that do not meet these requirements are subject to removal by moderators without notice. Habitual repeat offenders may receive infractions for not abiding by forum rules. It is easy to resize, use spoilers, add file attachments or use thumbnails for your images. If you do not know how to do this and need help, please feel free to ask. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation with this.

As a matter of etiquette, please don't make excuses for lousy scores. Comments like "yeah, but he used AC" or "I could have done better if..." do not impress anyone. Instead of making excuses, ask for help improving your results and the forum members with lots of experience will be glad to provide some suggestions. Remember, you ain't got to lie to kick it.

Leader Board Requirements

If you want your numbers posted to the leader board, that takes more than achieving a top score. You will need to qualify your results with proper screen shots and links to online results where applicable. We adhere to HWBOT.org guidelines and cheats are not permitted. Examples of cheats are disabling tessellation with an AMD-powered system or enabling PPU with an NVIDIA-powered system. As a general rule, if your Futuremark results are not valid due to non-standard settings they will not receive any credit here and will not be added to the leader board. (Using current AMD and NVIDIA beta drivers that Futuremark has not approved yet is acceptable.)

Screen shots must include at least one instance of GPU-Z (Graphics Card tab) and 3 instances of CPU-Z (CPU tab, Mainboard tab and Memory tab) to qualify for the leaderboard. All Futuremark results must include a validation link. The exception is benchmarks that measure only the CPU performance (wPrime, SuperPI, ThrottleStop, etc.) do not need to include GPU-Z, but including it to identify your system specs is fine if you wish. If you do not want your results treated as official scores, there are no requirements to adhere to these screen shot rules or validation link guidelines.

Acceptable (Qualifies for Leader Board) Not Acceptable (Does Not Qualify for Leader Board)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930MX,Alienware 18

[​IMG]

Note the validation URL and content of the screen shot.

For more examples of qualifying benchmark results see post #4 in this thread.​
    Hey look, guys. Here's my best benchmark so far.

[​IMG]
    The final decision on whether or not a benchmark result qualifies for the leader board is at the discretion of johnksss.

If you'd like to reference *Part 1* of the M18x Benchmark Thread - see this link:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m18x/574780-official-alienware-m18x-benchmark-thread.html

For *Part 2* of the M18x Benchmark Thread - see this link:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...alienware-m18x-benchmark-thread-part-2-a.html

The most important thing to remember about benching is to have fun seeing how far you can push your beast.

See the leader board in the next post for a current list of some of the world's best laptop benchmark scores. Special thanks to our friend, Brother Johnksss, for maintaining this for us.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. Johnksss

Johnksss Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The XenForo software broke the tables in this post. You can view it as intended over here: LINK

It is saved as a JPG here only as a point of reference. The leaderboard is no longer maintained because XenForo does not provide the proper support for it.

Old Leaderboard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
    Mr. Fox, TBoneSan, ole!!! and 2 others like this.
  3. Johnksss

Johnksss Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Reserved for future use by johnksss

reborn2003 likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Intel Core i7 3920XM Processor | CPU & Memory Benchmarks
    (Go to 680M SLI Benchmarks | 780M SLI Benchmarks)

wPrime32 5.048
    CPU-Z Validator
    Freq : 4905.57 MHz (100.11 * 49)

Aquamark3 351943
    HWBOT 2nd Place Score

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ThrottleStop 32M 6.083 sec
    [​IMG]

Intel XTU 942 - HWBOT.org Ranking
    [​IMG]

MaxxMem2 - 1344.5 @ CL11-12-12-36-1T
    [​IMG]
    CineBench R11.5 9.33pts
    HWBOT.org Ranking
    [​IMG]
    SuperPI Tests - 1M: 8sec 114ms | 32M: 7min 38sec 556ms
    HWBOT.org 1M Ranking - 32M Ranking
    [​IMG]

Windows 7 - WEI Rating Windows 8 - WEI Rating
    [​IMG] [​IMG]​
    [​IMG]

For M18x benchmark results with earlier processors including 2920XM and 2760QM, and earlier graphics cards, including
    7970M, 580M and 6990M please go to this post: Mr. Fox - Cumulative Benchmark Scores - Alienware M18x "Avenger"

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    reborn2003 and sangemaru like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Intel Core i7 3920XM Processor | GTX 680M SLI

Futuremark Benchmarks
    3DMark11: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P15413 3DMarks
    [​IMG]
    Vantage: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P44928 3DMarks
    [​IMG]
    3DMark06: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: 35958 3DMarks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3DMark2001 SE Pro: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor Extreme Edition Alienware M18xR2 score: 71636
    [​IMG]
    PCMark Vantage: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2
    [​IMG]
    3DMark Ice Storm: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P180397 3DMarks
    [​IMG]
    3DMark Cloud Gate: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P27953 3DMarks
    [​IMG]
    3DMark Fire Strike: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P9578 3DMarks
    [​IMG]
    3DMark Fire Strike Extreme: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: X4950 3DMarks
    [​IMG]
    Unigine Benchmarks

Unigine Valley 1.0 Extreme Preset: 3105[​IMG]

Unigine Heaven 1.0 Extreme Preset: 3399.063 (HWBOT 2nd Place Score)
    [​IMG]
    MSI Kombustor Benchmarks

KMark: OGL4
    1080p X3195
    [​IMG]
    Wavy Plane: OGL2
    1080p 19685
    [​IMG]
    Fractal Flame: OGL3
    1080p 8041
    [​IMG]
    Tessy Spheres v2: OGL4
    1080p 9946
    [​IMG]
    Catzilla Benchmarks

Kitty 28439
    [​IMG]
    Cat - 24996
    [​IMG]
    Tiger - 15564
    [​IMG]
    Catzilla - 9304
    [​IMG]
    Miscellaneous Benchmarks
    Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn
    [​IMG]
    Sniper Elite V2
    [​IMG]

PLA Benchmark
    [​IMG]
    Mars QQSM Benchmark
    [​IMG]
    Crysis 2 Ultra and Extreme Benchmark
    [​IMG]
    AVP Benchmark
    [​IMG]
    Resident Evil 6
    [​IMG]
    Resident Evil 5
    [​IMG]

Gaming Performance
    [​IMG]
    Open spoiler to view game settings

Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
    Game: Set Default Settings, 1080p, vsync disabled
    GPU: 1078/1175
    CPU: 4.3GHz
    Crysis and Crysis 2
    Game: Max Settings, vsync disabled
    GPU: 1108/1200
    Crysis 3
    Game: Very High, SMAA Low (1x), Motion Blur and Lens Flares disabled, vsync disabled
    MaLDo mod optimized settings - download here: MaLDo_OnTheFly_Crysis3_v3.rar (117,28 MB) - uploaded.net
    GPU: 1058/1100
    CPU: 4.4GHz
    Metro2033
    Sleeping Dogs
    Battlefield 3
    Game: Battlefield 3Preset: Normal, Ranked: On, Punkbuster: On, Game size: 64, Maps: Caspian Border
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...-net-01-NSW-24-7-CASPIAN-BORDER-MOAR-TICKETS/
    Hitman: Absolution
    Game: Ultra, MSAA 2x, vsync disabled

[​IMG] [​IMG]

For M18x benchmark results with earlier processors including 2920XM and 2760QM, and earlier graphics cards, including
    7970M, 580M and 6990M please go to this post: Mr. Fox - Cumulative Benchmark Scores - Alienware M18x "Avenger"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Intel Core i7 3920XM Processor | GTX 780M SLI

Futuremark Benchmarks

3DMark11: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M SLI card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - P17205 3DMarks Vantage: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - P48415 3DMarks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    3DMark11 Extreme: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M SLI card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - X6897 3DMarks Vantage Extreme: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - X32852 3DMarks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fire Strike: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - 11460 3DMarks Fire Strike Extreme: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - 5914 3DMarks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sky Diver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - 30512 3DMarks Ice Storm Extreme: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 - 169284 3DMarks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Unigine Benchmarks

Valley 1.0 Extreme HD Preset Heaven 4.0 Extreme Preset
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Miscellaneous Benchmarks

Final Fantasy XIV
    [​IMG]
    Catzilla Computer Benchmark - Mr. Fox Online Result: 11059
    [​IMG]
    MSI Kombustor Benchmarks

Wavy Plane Score: 22713
    1080p OpenGL 2 benchmark
    Fractal Flame Score: 8850
    1080p OpenGL 3.3 benchmark
    Tessy Spheres v2 Score: 11516
    1080p OpenGL 4 benchmark
    KMark Score: X3943
    1080p OpenGL 4, PhysX benchmark
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Game Benchmarks
    M18xR2 | 3920XM @ 4.3GHz | GTX 780M SLI @ 980/1400 1.0v unless otherwise indicated
    All games set to maximum graphics settings unless otherwise indicated

Alan Wake Alan Wake's American Nightmare Call of Juarez - DX10
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Metro 2033 - DX9 Metro 2033 - DX11 Gears of War for Windows
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    BioShock Infinite Batman: Arkham City Aliens vs Predator
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hitman: Absolution Metro: Last Light Tomb Raider
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Devil May Cry 4 Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 5
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Borderlands 2 Batman: Arkham Origins Call of Duty: Ghosts
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Adrenaline Benchmark Tools: Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider,
    Bioshock Infinite, Hitman: Absolution, Crysis 2, AvP
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  7. Terminalintel

Terminalintel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Subbed for thread

8. kitzuki

kitzuki Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Subscription set. Wild weekend can't wait to contribute.

9. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Part 3 is here! Can't wait to see it fill up with scores. ;)

10. kitzuki

kitzuki Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Late night sorry Will get some more benches in First Stock Second Some Tweaking

3DMark 11 Extreme Stock.jpg

Tweaked Extreme OC 725MHZ.jpg

Fire Strike Tweaked 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme Tweaked.jpg

reborn2003 likes this.