*OFFICIAL* Alienware M18x Benchmark Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Sure you can.
    Bench Explained:
    I found this out like when we first started running this bench. What the actual scores are suppose to be vs the flubbed ones.

If this bench sort of crashes in the middle of the run it changes the resolution and the frames go up. Real benchmarks crash out so you can do that. Well most of them do. Or you can set your resolution to something like 640p and run in window mode and get an insane score. Then changed the resolution back to 1080P and take a picture. I know Pat.D's was not in 1080P more like either 720P or 900P. Not sure how it got there but his screen resolution shot is at 900P and not 1080P And when running that in window mode cranks out the frames! So is kitzuki. This comes from my experiments from when we first started running this.

And for the record, no one should be running in windowed mode to begin with.

2. reborn2003

reborn2003 THE CHIEF!

Reputations:
    Ah I thought something was strange. I remember running it the other day and noticed it showed a different resolution during one of the tests; a lower one than the 1080p i had set, so I quit the benchmark and checked the settings and tried to run it again. This makes more sense now. :p

I also agree no bench should be run in window mode.
    I must say this is a very nice looking bench though ;)

Cheers. :)

3. jkbsnkajsdlifj

jkbsnkajsdlifj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I set the resolution to 1920x1080 and settings to max before I ran that test. If something happened during the bench to change the resolution, I wasn't aware of it. I didn't flub the test on purpose.Was wondering how I got such a high score:D

4. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Wonder if something happened to mine. I definitely didn't notice any changing of resolutions though.

5. jkbsnkajsdlifj

Reputations:
    Just messing around with Geekbench:)

Attached Files:

6. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Version 2?

Not saying you did it intentional, just saying it happen....

7. jkbsnkajsdlifj

Reputations:
    I know you weren't saying it was intentional.Glad you pointed that out cause if it's that unreliable I took it off my computer.

8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    One only really needs to run it in full screen mode and not windowed. And run the maximum settings as well.

9. daveh98

daveh98 P4P King

Reputations:
    Is there anything worthwhile I can do for my 4900mq processor to increase the speed? I am not familiar with oc'ing these CPUs and would need a step by step from someone.

Cheers.

10. rickdeckard

rickdeckard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The info is all here in this forum but basically you can A) wait it out until we get an updated BIOS that properly supports overclocking (or even NORMAL clocking!) or B) get neck-deep in tweaker utilities to achieve a very close approximation to A. The crackle in the air makes us all think a new BIOS for the AW 18 is impending but if you can't wait then at a min you need to download Intel XTU and the latest ThrottleStop. Then review the info in this thread over here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.