*Official Alienware M18x AMD CrossFire Discussion Thread (re: Dell/AW Conference Call)*

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Mr. Fox, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuroo

nuroo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thx to Dell. Bill and Louis.

Has anyone with 580m sli tried A05 bios? Will it hurt nvidia systems?

2. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  3. Dell-Bill_B

Dell-Bill_B Guest

Reputations:
    It's not so much the site. It's the backend tools Product Group uses to post files. But it's easy to see how the site overhaul and our tools issues could be seen as one in the same. It wasn't the change to the site that borked the process. It is dealing with the migration to Agile from iDrive and TeamTrack. Seems there is a little more rigor and steps to posting a file that we are trying to make work. We'll get it sorted soon, though.

I kinda like the new site. Beats that old slow Java box. I get to the drivers much faster now. Well, the old drivers since we can't get the new ones uploaded. :(

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It appears to be cured! YAY!!!!

The opening post for this thread has been updated with a link to BatBoy's thread for the A05 BIOS update.

5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Well, this thread has served its purpose extremely well. Special thanks to Bill and Louis and the Team Red Panel for the partnership. It has been awesome and the fact that a solid fix has been released less than a month after the call is an exceptional outcome.

The opening post has been updated with all the information any AMD 6990M powered M18x owner could want or need with regard to the issues with fan malfunction, overheating, thermal shutdown and known problems related to AMD drivers. If you haven't read the opening post, please do so before creating a new thread to resurrect old issues.

Further discussion that is specific to the AMD-based M18x should be posted on this thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...s-performance-problems-discussion-thread.html

We are looking forward to ongoing communication with Dell-Bill_B... I know I speak for many by expressing my sentiments that Bill is awesome.

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Blank Space ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.