*OFFICIAL* Alienware m17 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. FXi

FXi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seriously. One thing on the exit interview "soldering sxcks enough said"

etern4l likes this.
  2. Pavelocity

Pavelocity Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you mention what exact memory you used? I recently switched from my 17R4 to an m17R1 (Dell refurbished) and the 32 GB Kingston HyperX I upgraded the R4 with won't work in the m17. Anybody have an idea why? Some setting I can change?

3. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  4. richardso1970

richardso1970 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello sorry for delayed response. I used 2 of Micron PN 16ATF2G64HZ-2G6E1 DDR4 2666

I'm not sure why your memory doesn't work. Hope you can figure it out. I don't know if there is any bios setting that would make it work.

Update.... I tripped over the cord and it pulled and flipped the m17 off the ottoman and landed lid down on tile floor and slid a foot or so. I thought for sure something happened. Nope nothing bad..just a tiny quarter inch scratch on the lid. There's my ruggedness test...and then last night the dog ran by and tripped over the cord and it pulled the cord from the laptop and dragged the power brick into the next room. I was concerned the power Jack was messed up but its ok....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019 at 6:40 AM
    c69k likes this.
  5. richardso1970

Reputations:
    Has anyone found a good skin for the M17 R1? I would like to order one just for extra scuff protection. I love this beast.

6. richardso1970

Reputations:
    Hey there,

On my original post I said that I would be returning the M17 R2, which I did. Well I tend to watch prices etc and I looked for this laptop to show up as open box at best buy. It did. So when I returned it, I opened the box and showed the lady the computer and power supply and she logged it in. This is the priciest item that I've ever returned to bestbuy. I don't shop there often, but enough that I have a rewards ccount etc.

I was quite surprised that they listed it as open box as Fair condition, "major cosmetic defects or vital accessories missing" This kind of pissed me off. I know all the retailers track customers for abuse of return policies and I don't want to be on any black list.

I happened to be in the area today and stopped at bestbuy. I saw the laptop in the open box cage and asked to see it. It looked pristine condition.. it was missing the power supply.
    So I assume that someone that works there stole the power supply before it could be put back into stock. I just hope that I don't get labeled as returning an item with parts missing etc. Does anyone know about how the bestbuy return sytem works?