*OFFICIAL* Alienware m17 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Renan

Renan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also bought a 8750h/2060rtx, don't you think you should wait a few more days to get the new 9750h ?

2. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It appears DELL has made a change for the Alienware M17 in their website. The laptop would now ship with a 240w power brick even with the RTX2060 configuration. :)

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    So last time I'm changing laptops. I swear. I've returned my M15 for the M17. Reason is the 1440p screen was too good to pass up. And while I will tell people I'm getting old and can't really tell the difference between a 15" 1080p screen and a 17" 1440p screen for gaming it makes a nice difference for work such as Auto CAD. The extra pixels are nice to have.

I'm away on a mini vacation so I don't have any benchmarks for you guys yet. But, early impressions are positive as I was convinced they sent me the wrong panel. I swore it was the IPS 60 panel. I had to wait till I was done setting up windows to determine I do have the 1440p TN panel. So it's very impressive for a TN screen.

I'll be gaming on it for fun while I'm away so I'll have some notes for you all when I get back home in a couple days. ;)

V4vdoo likes this.
  4. Winn

Winn Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh I didn't realize that the newer processor was actually that close to coming out so soon but our current laptop is pretty much DOA so couldn't really put off ordering any longer sadly. Thanks for looking out though :) did yours come in yet? if so, hope it's treating you good!

Spartan likes this.
  5. V4vdoo

V4vdoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking forward to hear your impressions. I am also considering TN option since it should have better response times, overall better fluidity and connecting feel while gaming

6. QuantumJedi

QuantumJedi Newbie

Reputations:
    What benefit does this provide? Would this help eliminate power limit throttling when the system is under load?

Renan and c69k like this.
  7. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It would eliminate the power drain whilst the laptop is under heavy load, and if the various tech reviewers are to be believed, hopefully also alleviate power throttling.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Renan and c69k like this.
  8. Renan

Reputations:
    @Ted@HIDevolution can you tell me if my unit will bring the 240w power brick ? Thanks

9. Renan

Reputations:
    Not yet, shipping is schedule to 22 April and I probably will have it iN my hands 3 weeks after. @Ted@HIDevolution agreed to send me repaste and component installation photos, as soon as he send I will post them here. Regards

10. Renan

Reputations: