*OFFICIAL* Alienware m17 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Renan

Renan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alienware m17 Gaming Laptop Review - 4K Ray Tracing RTX 2080 - Games Tested & Benchmarks

2. sharpman

sharpman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But did you try contacting the tech support, not the sales representatives? Just tell them that you want to buy an Alienware and they will tell you whether they can service it.

3. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Called them up and they do have support for Alienware in the Philippines. As for the speed of the repairs however, it would depend on the unit and availability of parts. Bottomline, I should expect some considerable delays as replacement parts are either shipped in or if my laptop has to be sent to one of their regional service centers for repairs. If all else fails, I would also have HIDevolution's HIPS to back me up. So I have a contigency plan available should the worst case scenario occurs, most likely it won't however.

But yeah, I am very certain that I would get support if I pick up their premium support service. I mean, I was amazed about their support so far. I called their technical support hotline and I was pleasantly surprised someone actually picked considering it is 12AM where I live. And yeah, their tech support did confirm it. As long as I get the premium warranty, I would get the support that I might require with my laptop. :)

It is only the local DELL retailers here who said that I might not get support for Alienware laptops.. which I find very odd because they did sell Alienware laptops before... and they also do sell warranty extensions for the Premium Warranty, including for items bought abroad.. but oh wells..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  4. sharpman

sharpman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Glad to hear it. If you have premium wwarranty then you do not have to send it anywhere as a technician will do the repaires at the address you give them.

Flying Endeavor likes this.
  5. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Indeed, that is why I decided to go for DELL/Alienware. Their warranty service is just top notch. It is only the local retailers here who disapprove, considering I would be buying from abroad and not through them. Oh wells, I do not trust any of them to begin wih xD

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. nebbish

nebbish Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey what pads did you use and what amount? IE. what do I need to order?

7. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone have any firestrike scores / stress test & temps numbers for this unit yet?

8. nebbish

nebbish Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for that! What are the temps looking like for this unit?

I've had the 17r4 before and that thing just ran super hot. I'm coming from a long line of thick laptops but looking to get into something a little slimmer, i just don't want to deal with inadequate cooling and wild temps.

10. nebbish

nebbish Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Pretty good all things considered. CPU and GPU both hovered at 80c in a 23c room.

I think at least mine is doing pretty good. I'm not even running at more aggressive fan settings.

Still want to repaste and put better pads on. But I'm ok for now.