*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They do that even on budget gaming laptops such as Inspiron 5000/7000/g5/g7 where the CPU temps shoots upto 90C while GPU stays cooler at 70C. If the game uses Physics then the gaming experience will be crap.
    Why can't Azor throw another fan since most of the manufacturers have them. We might even get AW Phone with Intel i7 8750h with 32GB DDr4x that will kill iphone XS.

Rei Fukai likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I don't think they've enough spare parts to spare for you. They would rather throw in the trash or get some new reviewers that praise AW.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    See the video. Azor said the tech for the new thin Alienware m15 is in short picked up from their thin Dell XPS models.

Vistar Shook and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Nice of you to post Digit.in interview. Hahaa.. It would have been better if I didn't watch it anyway!!
    I stopped watching after 6 mins. G series costs below $1000 and AW costs above 1000$ when in turn G series 2000S and AW costs 5000$ for the top of the line laptops in India and also double up as heaters.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If it wasn't for the ugly bezel design and small 180 watt power supply I'd be more excited for this. Bringing back nebula red though is a nice touch. These laptops look better with some color.

Plus there is no heat shield in this unit. So repasting will be alot easier. I hope they continue this moving forward with the larger laptops. If they don't get phased out.

If this sells well i hope they consider making an Alienware m17. That I would get behind.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What sucks is that the first bathes are always worse until people complain about thermals and they fix the thermal pads etc. But the cycle repeats. Now people are finally receiving decent units of the 15R4/17R5's Just as I received a decent unit of my 15R3 after it was already released for a year. I guess it will be the same as the previous gens, need better thermal pads, better paste and it will run fine after.

Still dont like the gloss bezel, those scratch so easily and just are distracting when looking at the screen. BUt apart from that I do love the build quality and the overall chassis. I guess the rest of the thermals are in line with all other thin and lights of similar specs and style.

7. Nyceis

Nyceis Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    win32asmguy likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I suppose you meant batches. Dell is playing with consumers as Highly un-paid HW GP's with batches. Its complete nutjob when you're paying 2000$+Tax/VAT+import duty to get worst AW laptops which has good marketing and less performance and cost/perf ratio is usually negative value.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    No one is making you buy it.....if you get a bad unit, make them replace it until it is performing as it should be

Spartan likes this.
  10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think if you base your opinion only on negative comments on forums etc you could tend to see it that way but from my experience a lot of people are happy with their machines and dont have issues. Unhappy people are statistically more vocal.

In the end i still believe from my personal testing and owning various laptops that AW is up there, the prices in Europe are the same by the way. But from the messages that I see the newer batches seem to be better. Just as mine R3 which didnt had that big uneven core temp differences, which I initially ruined by doing a repaste without a repad.

Spartan and JTOverath like this.