*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    I ordered yesterday and I’m not going to chase Dell down should they cancel mine.

Fingers crossed these issues have been sorted

TheCloudX likes this.
  2. JediTreasley

JediTreasley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm still super scared I'm not going to like the glossy bezels, they seem so cheap via pictures.

3. Tweak155

Tweak155 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ship has landed... installing Steam to test some games & temps (I'm not a benchmark guy). As long as temps are manageable on CPU & GPU I will put in the 512 950pro I have waiting for it :)

Initial impressions:

Keyboard is a little shallow, but better than 7377 keyboard I had I think. Overall I like it.
    Screen is nice, got the same AUO panel as others.
    A bit smaller than I was expecting from AW, the size is great.
    Nebula red was the right choice ;)
    PSU seems lower quality than previous PSU's I've received from dell..

4. TheCloudX

TheCloudX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had to replace my order 4 times. Each time I negotiated a discount. I did end up being on the phone with various front lines and managers for about 5-7 hours.

5. TheCloudX

TheCloudX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The bezel doesn't bother me to much, but it's a fingerprint magnet and cheap looking. I do wish it was matte, but I'm ok with it.

6. Tweak155

Reputations:
    Man, just downloading and installing software is pushing the CPU to almost 80c. Not a good sign.

Papusan likes this.
  7. billycuth

billycuth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been very fortunate in that I've had the same rep. But my GOD that price difference is too much for me to ignore. I just reached out to him. Even if they have to place a new order and can't just issue a credit for the difference, the delivery date won't get pushed back that much.

This whole process has been a major cluster F.

The problem with pushing so hard is I worry that they'll screw me with a crappy build, lol.

8. billycuth

Reputations:
    I have a y580 with shiny bezels. It does not bother me. It's not a touch screen so I don't see why it would get too messy.

D brand would likely make something for it in the future.

9. billycuth

Reputations:
    Dude they called me thanksgiving day right before dinner to tell me there was an issue and they needed to cancel and reorder. I was so pissed.

10. Tweak155

Reputations:
    Ok so after a little bit of Rocket League, the CPU hit 94c and the GPU topped at 73c. It does get a little loud but I don't think it's terrible for a laptop this size.

The 144hz screen is crazy nice. I will say, I think there is some input lag or other lag because compared to my 160hz desktop setup, my control doesn't seem as clean in Rocket League, which is a great game to see if there is any lag. I'd say it's subtle, but overall for laptop I find it acceptable.

My biggest concern right now are those CPU temps... if it doesn't pass 94c in my other games I may live with that. 73c is very acceptable for GPU.

The biggest thing I'm not liking right now is how the entire laptop is warm. It's almost like they use the body of the machine as one big heatsink lol. Right now I think it's the deciding factor for me to return (assuming I don't spike over 95c on CPU in my other gaming tests).