*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. evilras

evilras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is somewhat putting me off buying an m15 on Friday!

But razer worries me and we can't get a straight answer on warranties!

Looking at the MSI gs65 now too as that's just dropped to £1799 for the 1070 model. So same specs as the £2009 m15...

This is very confusing! Cant believe there's so many gaming laptops out there that are thin and light!

2. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I had to choose between the two laptops M15 and razor 15, hands down the razor. Any thin form factor will have heat issues and running it constantly playing games these laptops will eventually have thermal failures IMO. GPU temps constantly at 85c or higher is never a good thing.

The Alienware 13r3 with Oled is still IMO better than the two.

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Previous founder edition cards where all around the 82~85c range and didnt seem. To suffer from it. Just sucks that if you want better, you need to repaste.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  5. NeWCuLTKiNG

NeWCuLTKiNG Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't regret getting an m15 at all I think it's a sweet spot for thin and lights. I just wish they had the software readily available for when there's an issue. They need to add the killer software that works. And Alienware Control center. I couldn't get acc to work without installing Nvidia experience. Dell's Nvidia drivers are messed they had my GPU listed as a regular 1070 and didn't fix till I installed newest drivers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6. therock2284

therock2284 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Question for everyone who has received theirs, how is your touchpad? I received mine today and it feel different from any other trackpad I used, almost feels like its loose (kinda hard to explain) and has a little play to it not sure if that's how its designed.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. NeWCuLTKiNG

Reputations:
    I don't think it feels loose but I think with no mouse buttons and you press the track pad does change the feel totally. My son's Dell with a 960m 7559 or something like that has the same style and it feels about the same. As far as usability it feels lacking.

knightp25 likes this.
  8. fireball99

fireball99 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks to the info about the killer control centre.. i just reinstalled that and the killer wifi driver restarted and internet works fine... the strange thing was that i prior to that, i was able to surf but not certain websites , so how a glitchy control centre / driver doesn't globally affect all wifi internet is weird.

the alienware control centre (ACC)... i only got the fx part of it working only after i signed into the microsoft account and it went to the store and it subsequently downloaded a whole lot of other stuff and functionality into the ACC and works fine now

no issues with the trackpad here. No regrets on the m15 purchase so far as i had others under consideration : msi65, aero15x (purchased but had major issues and had to return), razer15, hp omen, asus zephyrus s, asus gl504gs

9. NeWCuLTKiNG

Reputations:
    At least with this model a repaste is easy, bottom cover is only thing blocking you from the heat sink.

10. NeWCuLTKiNG

Reputations: