*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Too late for me :(

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. CptXabaras

CptXabaras Overclocked, Overvolted, Liquid Cooled

Reputations:
    @etern4l
    Haven't payed to much attention to it. during the last CB run i've used the performance profile on AWCC and with XTU i've set 75W on both short and long Turboboost. Got a flat line on the trend with CPU boosting constantly at 3.9Ghz on 6 cores without throttling. I'll check out onto it with more attention and let you guys know.

Rei Fukai and etern4l like this.
  3. 944S2

944S2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, me too :mad:.

I tried disabling automatic driver installs in Windows update.... and it's still doing it. First issue I've really had with Windows, but it's not exactly their fault the BIOS is trash.
    Not sure if I should call back in to support to complain about it again, but that doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere before. Can't really take my mobile PC with me anywhere if it's going to be whirring away all the time, would be kind of awkward in meetings.

I can't imagine this helps battery life either: 2:45 estimate with the 90whr doesn't seem great. I was getting that with the 60whr that was in my first M15.

Ultra Male likes this.
  4. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    I don't think that's all the fans, check to make sure Optimus is working correctly and that the dgpu isn't always on.

5. 944S2

Reputations:
    Ah you're right, another bug for 1903, everything is launching on the dGPU.

6. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    It's not present on mine, I assume you just have to open control panel and redo the launch settings for your apps through Nvidia control panel.

7. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah.. I would have my laptop sent back to HIDevolution sooner or later.. once I get things sorted out with the local Bureau of Customs in my country.. These guys just keep giving me the run-around and just an overall HARD time trying to get Import Tax Exemption... >.> The most corrupt government institution in my nation living up to their reputation... >.>

8. 944S2

Reputations:
    You can try disabling "BIOS updates through UEFI capsule update packages". I had no idea this was a "feature" now, it seemed to finally stop Windows from auto installing the newer BIOSes. Fans curves are still wonky so I'll try BIOS recovery tonight.

Aivxtla likes this.
  9. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    I was able to downgrade bios with no issues and now my fans idle. I asked Frank on Twitter about this and he prompted me to let Umar know so I think they are working on a fix for a future bios soon

10. TherosFear

TherosFear Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has someone tried to seal the gaps between the fans and the fins? Now that the R2 manual has been released, i see that those gaps disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk