*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Snooze1988

Snooze1988 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi I have the following problem with my Alienware m15. The S key on the keyboard is not recognized by frequent use. This error occurs irregularly. It may happen that I cannot run backwards in the games (for example CS GO). The error also occurs in Microsoft Word.
    Can you give me some tips how to fix this error?

2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Open a support ticket via Support Assist app.

3. stryderxx

stryderxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I ordered one but it's due to be delivered by 5/1. Lets see if that actually happens.

FXi and V4vdoo like this.
  4. alizzleable

alizzleable Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Honestly, I play with it on a cooling pad tilted up my cpu frequency stays at 3.0ghz on all cores, the gpu hits up to 1.6-1.7 ghz depending on the game. I always play with max fans on and temperatures in this environment stay at 60-70 on the cpu and 60-67 on the gpu. I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE with Battlefield V on ultra i'm getting 100-120 fps regularly while staying the coolest i've ever had a thin and light machine. As for the keyboard I have not noticed high heat from the wasd area, but the ijkl portion does get toasty, so as long as you don't play on a left handed set-up it's much more comfortable than a Razer blade 15 which i used to have with the rtx 2070, now that gets warm near your palm and hot to your fingertips. Glad I switched.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
    etern4l likes this.
  5. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can bring that up to 3.5GHz (at -150mV) by undervolting, risk free.

6. alizzleable

Reputations:
    It is already undervolted, however the cpu only pulls around 20 watts, i'm not entirely sure why, after looking at own or disowns video by him upping the power adapter that he uses the cpu pulls full watts, i'm assuming it's power limit throttling but the fps numbers are great anyways, so i'm not too concerned.

7. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's not power limit throttling until you hit 45W. I haven't seen more than 32W in a game undervolted. CB20 can fully stress the CPU. Your seeing 3Ghz max CPU freq in a game is strange though - you should see 4.1-3.9 with partial utilisation.

8. V4vdoo

V4vdoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Very interesting to hear how will you like it

FXi likes this.
  9. alizzleable

Reputations:
    Yeah it appears to be that way after re-downloading throttle stop it goes up to 3.5 ghz, but this is at the expense of 30 degrees C more heat, it hits 90 as a maximum but my fps on battlefield 5 on ultra shot up to 120-144 on average. I'm not sure which direction I should keep it haha, fps numbers are great in both scenarios but temps are amazing when it only hits 3.0 ghz.

etern4l likes this.
  10. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you sure your stable temps shot up by 30C under non-turbo load? I'd bet you just observed a temporary temp spike due to Turbo Boost. Temps at full non-turbo loads should be the same assuming the CPU was running at 45W in both cases. Observe the package power carefully.