*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. BavarianIceman

BavarianIceman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I have Problems with my Alienware m15 with 144Hz Screen.
    He has Screen Bleeding on the left Site down.
    It's this a Problem of the M15 or is the Screen Broken?
    Have any the same Problem or a Answer to make it good? :(

2. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didn't have screen bleeding for the one i received so you may have received a bad one. Is this the RTX or GTX version?

3. BavarianIceman

Reputations:
    Hi Alias,
    It's the Rtx Modell, can I fix it?
    Or is it Warranty?

4. sharpman

sharpman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's either replace or live with it. I would call support and tell them that you are having ghosting problems as I do not know if light bleed is a valid case for replacement. You can bring up ghosting if they do not agree to replace it, it's not very honest, but light bleed is a problem for you and since not all models have it than in my opinion it is a valid case for warranty repair.

5. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you within the 30 day return period? If so, complaining about it may help you get the panel changed or the unit replaced.

propeldragon and c69k like this.
  6. Amantay

Amantay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is perfectly valid reason. I exchanged my AW17R4 3 times before getting perfect one.

c69k likes this.
  7. chabber

chabber Newbie

Reputations:
    I got my M15 with a 2070 MQ, 144hz screen and a 90 Watt battery on Tuesday.

I received a 240V power supply which I was happy with as I've read some other getting 180V version.

Also when I opened the laptop up to install a secondary SSD, I noticed the primary SSD had a heat sink installed on it which was surprising to me considering I hadn't seen that in any of the video reviews I'd watched.

I accidentally forgot to plug up my charger to my outlet this morning and I got a low battery warning a little over 5 1/2 hours into my work day.

Played some Forza Horizon on my TV in 4K on Ultra settings last night and it was running great.

I was hitting high 90's temps with the fan at 100% until I lifted the laptop up off of the desk and let it hang over the edge against the wall to let it breath. It still wasn't venting 100% due to a fear of letting it hang so far over the edge that it falls, but I have a stand on the way now that should help in that regard.

The temps dropped way down after that. It'd spike up and down between the mid 70's to mid-high 80's under heavy load in the game. I'm pretty sure I was just defaulted at balanced performance in the command console. Also this was not me trending data. I would just occasionally open the Alienware command console and look at the CPU Trends when I heard the fan ramping up.

I'm not one to run tests anymore for FPS or temps as I find I just don't care enough to warrant the hassle.

So far I'm really enjoying the form factor and lightness compared to my 6 year old Sager as I'll mostly carry this for work and have an occasional gaming night here and there.

8. BavarianIceman

Reputations:
    Ok I have a question about the TouchPad my TouchPad have 2 Clicks. The first one feels like loose. The Second is the Mousbutton Click.
    Have the TouchPad 2 Clicks or is it Broken.

9. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm still waiting for my m15,but when we decided to purchase these thin and lights, we accepted responsibility for the very limited thermal solutions. Undervolting, cooling pads, etc., will mitigate, but we should not delude ourselves into thinking these machines are benchmark worthy.

If I was the Hulk, I'd carry around a 17 inch EVOC. If I worked out of my home, and didn't have to travel for work, I'd be sitting around watching the custom liquid cooling make bubbles as i run all 18 cores at 4.6GHz. I really wish I could do that.

B0B and swordofsilence like this.
  10. LoganWade

LoganWade Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just used the customer service chat and learned that my new m15 is set to ship to me on Tuesday! It's gone through production and testing. They said, "Order has been exceptional in work flow stages." They probably say that to everyone :p