*OFFICIAL* Alienware m15 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Oct 25, 2018.

1. LoganWade

LoganWade Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I ordered a new m15 when the RTX options were finally revealed. I ordered the 2070 max-q with 144hz Nebula Red 1080p, 16GB ram, and 1TB hybrid drive. I already have an EVO 970 512GB ssd to install in it and wasn't going to waste any money on their other hard drive options. At the time this made sense to me because in my budget, it wasn't much to go from the 1070 to the 2070. I only buy a new laptop every 3 to 5 years and have wanted an Alienware since before they were purchased by Dell, then held off after that. I'm really looking forward to the day it arrives, I have some VR games that my current laptop cannot handle well (or at all) and non-VR games that I'm waiting to load onto the m15.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    GrandesBollas likes this.
  2. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to getting mine as well. Similar specs and color as yours. I'm curious to see if this laptop will last longer than my current GS63VR given the gaming/work-load I have in mind. In particular, the long term effect of internal temperatures with soldered components.

LoganWade likes this.
  3. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you have an estimate of the delivery date?
    I went with the 2060 , 144hz, 16gb and 1 TB HDD. Also got a 970 500 GB ready.

4. AlgoR1thm

AlgoR1thm Newbie

Reputations:
  5. LoganWade

Reputations:
    It says it will deliver by February 21st. When I started picking my options it had some earlier date, but by the time I placed my order it said 2/21. As of today, if I spec out another order like mine, it says it will deliver by the 22nd. I would be really happy if it gets here before the release of Anthem. Purchase order still just says confirmed though.

6. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So just got in my new RTX 2070 Alienware M15. I pulled off the heatsink and cooler and it looks like they are finally learning how to properly paste these laptops. Here is a picture of the heatsink and the cooling material they used on my unit:

IMG_4549.jpg

7. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's not dry so that's a good sign. What kind of temps were you getting before you pulled it apart?

Vasudev likes this.
  8. LoganWade

Reputations:
    That's reassuring. I'm also very jealous. Thanks for posting, I'm interested in hearing how the repasting turns out.

9. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Nice :) Hopefully they take the same care and attention for when I finally order one, either with a GTX1070MQ or an RTX2060....

10. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sadly I repasted before even checking. LOL

Terreos, propeldragon and Vasudev like this.