*OFFICIAL* Alienware M11x Benchmark Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by BatBoy, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Welcome to the Alienware M11x Benchmark thread here on NBR. Here you can discuss benchmark results, tips, settings and of course post your results for the community to see... This thread will cover M11xR1, R2 and the new R3 systems.

There are several apps which can be used to benchmark your system. Following is a short list of some which are typically used. There are others and the core benchmarking members will have plenty of suggestions - so ask away.

A word of caution concerning benchmarking... While benchmarking / number chasing can be quite a bit of fun, please be aware that benchmarking/overclocking your system is pushing your system to its limits. It can and will stress your components. Do so at your own risk - nobody is responsible for this but you.

Finally, as with all threads here on NBR, please remember the forum rules when posting. Any images over 500x500 must be resized. Images embedded within posts which are over 500x500 will be removed. Repeat offenders will receive infractions. There is no reason you cannot take a moment to resize or use thumbnail previews. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation with this.

Have fun folks and lets see how far you can push the M11x! :D

(the previous M11x benchmark thread can be found here)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    ModeratorDelete likes this.
  2. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    I need to do some benches on my M11x r1....maybe after I pin mod it (once the warranty is less of a concern)

ModeratorDelete likes this.
  3. ajslay

ajslay Overclocker, PC Builder

Reputations:
    which pinmod?

4. Tsukurimashou

Tsukurimashou Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's not really the subject here, this thread is about benchmarks, not about pinmod...

5. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    Pinmod = overclock -> benchmarking

I have a golden set of hyperx ram as well so I hope to be able to get around 2.1-2.4 GHz on the CPU

I have an SLG PLL so the Fsxl pinmod I believe, not sure on all the terminology yet

6. ajslay

Reputations:
    ahh ok, since you have the SLG you could either do the 1.73ghz mod, or 2ghz mod. (soldering a 10k resister to pins 7 and 55)
    this is with OC mode on, and with OC mode off it will run at 2.4ghz, and cas6 1200mhz ram.

7. DavyGT

DavyGT Overclocker

Reputations:
    With OC mode off on the 2Ghz mod, it will run at 2.6Ghz (6.5x400) with the RAM at 1600mhz CAS6.

8. ajslay

Reputations:
    holy crap. i thought it was 2.4ghz with oc mode off?

9. DavyGT

DavyGT Overclocker

Reputations:
    Remember with OC mode on, the 266mhz BSEL code is sent, which means you lose the 6.5 multiplier and the 4:1 memory to FSB memory ratio. With OC mode off, the opposite occurs.

10. ajslay

Reputations:
    oh alright, then how is the 2.4ghz mod done then? i thought for the longest time that if you did the 2ghz mod and forgot to enable overclock mode you would be at 2.4ghz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.