*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    On mine I had

3070 (and 3090/ Titan Xp before that)
    iGPU

I also have G-sync panel.

You can either disable 2070 in device manager or go to windows settings, look for advanced graphics settings, add application and choose the 3060 for that application.

Papusan and etern4l like this.
  2. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    I ended up disabling the 2070 in device manager. Made the computer run much smoother and faster in the benchmarks I was running.
    All is running well on my end, and my i7-9750H can finally stretch its legs.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Gumwars

Gumwars Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You are going to take a hefty penalty running it through your laptop monitor. At least 10%, if not more. If you have an external display, I highly recommend using it. Otherwise, you are leaving a lot of performance on the table.

etern4l and Vasudev like this.
  4. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    I am running it through two external monitors. The reason I wanted an eGPU in the first place, outside of more performance, was so I can run my monitors at 1440p 144Hz instead of 1440p 120Hz.
    If I were to run it through the laptop screen itself, I might as well just stick with the 2070MQ.

Gumwars, etern4l and Vasudev like this.
  5. Gumwars

Gumwars Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Excellent. My apologies, from the post I replied to, it seemed that you were running the AGA back to the laptop display.

6. jprovence

jprovence Newbie

Reputations:
    SUCCESS!

Finally got my hands on a great condition used AGA locally. I'm running a Area 51m 9900KF and also got my hands on an EVGA 3070. After doing a some display driver uninstaller and loading the Nvidia driver directly from Nvidia, the AGA sprung to life and has been hamming on games for a few days with zero hiccups. AWCC is running perfectly as well.

All around, everything is working as intended and I'm really enjoying the system. I'm driving a AW3418DW.

Don't see a ton of success threads here, so just sharing a combination that is working great and hammering out the games as designed. I'll probably stay with this combination for the next couple of years.

7. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where are you folks finding Cards? I mean, assuming your not paying inflated prices. My son's and my amplifiers sit dusty and unused.

8. turbocat

turbocat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You on the telegram alert app? I found mine through there MSRP fairly easy

Google search telegram fe partalert

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

9. jprovence

jprovence Newbie

Reputations:
    My brother wins the Newegg shuffle quite a bit. He’s sold them to people at MSRP.

10. Pollen

Pollen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys any idea why the RGB on my Asus 6800xt lc oc doesn't work? Does everyone elses RGB work on gpu when in the amp?

Any advice Is appreciated.

Here's a couple benchmarks one with Area 51m (normal firestrike) and another with 13 R3 7700hq (firestrike ultra). Was my first runs I've done much better since. Shocked how well the 7700hq works with the 6800xt.

Attached Files:

• FS.png
      FS.png
      File size:
      771.6 KB
      Views:
    • fs2.png
      fs2.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views: