*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. chewbakaats58

chewbakaats58 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ok well I was on an external monitor as that is the only way AGA works. Though I thought for sure I would get at least 20fps more at least, regardless if it is 1080p or not.

2. Juan Phoenix

Juan Phoenix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The higher the resolution the less performance you lose in AGA, even at 4k you practically don't lose performance, but playing at 4k is still very demanding, that's why I recommend 1440p, but if your hardware allows it you can try 4k.

AGA works for me both on my laptop monitor and external Monitor, for a long time I played only with the laptop monitor at 1440p without any FPS problem, that was until I got an excellent monitor to play.

3. Sally Rottencrotch

Sally Rottencrotch Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought the Alienware M17 R3 last week, just waiting for it to arrive. I got it with the i7-10750H, 16GB Ram, 300hz 100% sRGB color gamut monitor, RTX2070 8GB and 512GB SSD. I’m going to use it mostly for guitar recording which is highly CPU intensive while using amp simulators. I’m hoping this will be up to the task but there’s not a ton of info out there with good general minimum specs for that kind of work. Anyway, my question mostly is would you guys think this laptop has the ability to run things like r6 and COD at full settings without the Graphics Amplifier or do you guys think I would stand to gain a lot with picking one up with a decent card installed? Thanks for the help!

4. Sally Rottencrotch

Reputations:
  5. Juan Phoenix

Juan Phoenix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For games in 1080p without Ray tracing, that GPU will have no problem, everything will run smoothly, although you will hardly reach the 300hz of your screen, depending of the game and the configuration you will go from 60fps to 150-180fps at 1080p... and the i7 10750H won't have any problem with "guitars" software.

6. Sally Rottencrotch

Reputations:
    Awesome I really appreciate the reply. Sounds like I made a good choice, thanks again.

Juan Phoenix likes this.
  7. turbocat

turbocat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Managed to score a 3080 ti fe from scan, it's in with a be quiet PSU, ***** to dremel to line up the power plug but well worth the hassle, I am massively bottlenecked on the CPU. I7 6700hq but I'm loving it. 70 fps on Valhalla max settings 1440p internal screen. Easy driver install. My laptop will now last a while!! Very happy and thankyou to this community for giving me some info on power supplies and case mods appreciated @illuMinniti @Mike 06 @Juan Phoenix

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  8. 2CPU

2CPU Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh I guess I was living under a rock. Great news the 3000 series now works with the AGA.

Anyone have a recommendation on a PSU to use? I have an AGA sitting around that I was using just for more USB and eventually install a card.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Justin Shidell

Justin Shidell Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Corsair CX650M

chewbakaats58 likes this.
  10. chewbakaats58

chewbakaats58 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm using the 550w verison of this

Justin Shidell likes this.