*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. quan74

quan74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry posted in wrong thread!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I loved the response:

"My intent was not to be lazy and uninformative. My intent was to train Forum users in the "usage" of our available sticky FAQs. But OK, does this meet your approval?"

Good news is that those guys will be replaced by helpful, well mannered and professional AI support bots within a couple of years. Those shouldn't suffer from attitude issues, at least not initially ;)

Aroc, Papusan and illuMinniti like this.
  3. illuMinniti

illuMinniti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah my comment wasn't too nice, but at the same time why should it be? I've been seeing for months how they just lock/delete/redirect people to the FAQ instead of giving a very simple answer. It is so lazy and unprofessional. Funny thing is, I barely used the forums cuz 2 of 3 times I did, I just got no response at all. Like imagine asking them for help and instead of getting like a "Idk we will look into it" or even "We have no idea" but just no response at all. Even FB chat is better support than their forum

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Why not add in the link to the Area-51-class-action-investigation when you also mentioned that the Area 51M was supposed to "support upgrades". Maybe you could got proper answer on that to:D +reps

5. illuMinniti

Reputations:
    I feel like they'd delete my post for going completely off-topic at that point, since they apparently like to delete stuff. Not that it matters, Dell forums are pretty much irrelevant for any kind of support, I would have more hope on reddit before I had hope on Dell forum. But I can always add it in if they deny it or deflect.

normand668, Papusan and etern4l like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Not so sure I would call it Off topic. The Area mess is blasted/beloved with the class action investigation due Dell run away from the claimed/promoted upgradability. And the AGA will get exactly same love if none push they on this questions. Of course, it is in his and the customers interest that this being included in the post:) A big win for him knowing whats up in the public fora. It will be prett embarrassing both for him and Dell if he will try delete such posts.

And from what I have seen from reddit/social media... They don't want touch this or similar topic.

etern4l likes this.
  7. illuMinniti

Reputations:
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
  9. FXi

FXi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone think that with TB coming direct off the CPU in TL, they might be making a shift to a TB dock and thus the clean cutoff of all things prior to the 3xxx series?

Could also just be that the power consumption of the 3080 FE at max is just over the stock limits. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition/31.html

Since TB comes in AW models - perhaps the 51m3 (RL) and m15/17 r4 (TL) will be just fine using a TB dock. And one or two folks have gotten those to work with 3xxx cards just with extreme pains.

DreDre likes this.
  10. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    TB comes in most laptops. "The soon to be EOL AGA" was one of the few remaining unique selling points of Alienware. All they needed to do is enlarge the enclosure, update the design, and supply a stronger PSU. Instead it sounds like they are going to kill it. No comms, no community engagement, nothing. Just a grumpy caretaker "Dell-mod" barking around at people. Looks like the race to the bottom at AW is gathering pace, unfortunately.

jclausius, DreDre, Papusan and 2 others like this.