*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. illuMinniti

illuMinniti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I guess an alternative could be some kinda like AIO mounted cooler for it. Idk if they are still available nowadays but I know on my GTX 970 I had a NZXT GPU bracket thing to mount a AIO easy. I've seen people using a 92mm radiator in here I am pretty sure.

I got 600 for my 2080 the other day (the person was actually aware of the 3000 series), so whenever I can get a EVGA 3080 I'll be seeing how that works out in the AGA.

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    From a friend:

TLDR: The RTX 30XX Series is NOT compatible with the Alienware Graphics Amplifier

etern4l and illuMinniti like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And you're sure he is on latest and greatest bios update (the ones who play with th internal Nvidia graphics thermal limits to stop the burning up graphics). The newer firmware is meant to enhanced the compatibility of the Alienware Graphics Amplifier for new generation graphics card.

But as always a proprietary design is awful. Maybe he should buy some of the AW Gaming accessories and make some Voodoo Magic to make it work? Yeah, maybe the Hoodie, some woodoo Magic and latest bios may help. If not send a nice message to Umar, Ernie or Eddy. Tvitter and FB is the proper place.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.dell.com/gaming-gaming-accessories

etern4l and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  4. illuMinniti

Reputations:
    The AGA is almost 6 years old though and has served its purpose very well. Only due to it being proprietary could it perform so well (above all) but also cheap. It's possible the AWCC needs an update or I guess its possible Nvidia just never provided them the info needed? Though Nvidia seems to be on top of RTX and the game companies are the ones taking months/years to release RTX (ex. SquareEnix)

5. Zer0K

Zer0K Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Users from China have tried everything possible. Here is the best result)
    9816b951f8198618c8741edf5ded2e738bd4e64c.jpg 6d2e00f7905298224201c898c0ca7bcb0a46d44c.jpg 27f938adcbef76092d3968c439dda3cc7cd99e4c.jpg

twin snakes and illuMinniti like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Old computers work with the new cards. Exactly the same should it be for the GA. It's up to Dell release bios updates together with updates for their software.
    upload_2020-10-6_18-53-18.png
    But you all will have to upgrade your firmware when and if Dell find out that they can't screw the Area-51M owners a second time.
    upload_2020-10-6_20-58-58.png
    And if they offer support for Ampere in GA for the Area-51m, they also have to do the same for their other models with same GA port.

Which GPUs are qualified and which graphics cards are compatible?
    We provide deeper backwards compatibility for available GPUs compared to TBT3 options and offer support for a single full-length, dual-wide, PCI-Express x16 graphics card. This system can support graphic cards of up to 375W and NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti as well as AMD Radeon RX series and newer. This means it can power a 3090 Founders Edition... https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/452-BCFE

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    illuMinniti likes this.
  7. illuMinniti

Reputations:
    I mean its def out of my knowledge, but that special AGA cable + port is something nobody else did and no old computers are compatible with. That would be gross if its a forced firmware update, since they force those higher fan speeds all the time. Might even be able to use that to my advantage like "I upgraded my firmware and now this trashbook is an airplane while on Google Chrome" lol.

Papusan likes this.
  8. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just ping Alienware VP on Twitter - it will be sorted in a couple of days.

illuMinniti and twin snakes like this.
  9. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    From what I have read on these pages, the AGA is physically small and has a weak PSU - it's time DELL (or even a 3rd party) built a new one with beefier PSU and larger case, more ventillation etc.

10. Papusan

Reputations:
    The AGA is designed to power up to 375W graphics. Aka enough for 3090 Founder Edition or ordinary 3090 cards from Nvidia's aib partners.

illuMinniti, jclausius and etern4l like this.