*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Look how awesome Battlefield V graphics are. This pic doesn’t do it justice as the pic resolution is watered down to be able to post on the forums. Solid 60FPS ultra settings with DXR and DLSS “on” running on 1440p. :)

3335C49E-361C-4813-B936-B1AFE19B1DA9.jpeg

c69k and propeldragon like this.
  2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not to rain down on the parade but the graphics of BF5 are awesome with and without RTX enabled :D Rather with RTX disabled because DLSS hurt the crispness.

c69k likes this.
  3. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have played both with RTX on and off and I haven’t noticed any difference in crispness you are describing. They are both the same on my machine but the FPS definitely drops from 90-100 to 60FPS.

@rinneh. What card do you have ?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    c69k likes this.
  4. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Something interesting just now, but maybe it's because I rarely play games on PC?

I played a game called "Software Inc", a small tycoon management game about managing a startup software company.

While playing it, I have the game on the external monitor with the RTX 2070 hooked up to it.

The RTX 2070 was blowing really hot air out from the AGA, so much it warmed the vicinity. AGA is enclosed (lid is shut completely, RTX 2070 is a blower-type graphics card).

Never knew how hot the air is until now, so it's really something. May have to check the GPU temps when I get home.

5. rickdeckard

rickdeckard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sounds normal, the heat the GPU and PSU radiate is pretty tremendous and actually the hotter the air feels EXPELLING from the case the better really, tends to indicate cooling functioning properly.

6. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah. I'm so used to the laptop graphics card just heating a small area behind the laptop chassis, it has been quite a long time since I endured the heat from desktop graphics card.

Actually, I just now understood what people meant by "using your GPU to heat your house" memes.

7. Kuro Kensei

Kuro Kensei Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HWinfo or GPUz should be able to see the temps. Mine is around 60-65C during gaming, which isn't too terrible for a desktop card.

8. TomC69

TomC69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You can use software like msi afterburner to adjust your AGA's GPU fan speed (not the AGA fan itself though). There is a fan curve option. Just increase these a little at a time in order to keep your GPU temps down. Adds a little noise, but not too bad.

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thats actually exceptionally low for an air cooled card.

10. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Yes that is very good for air cooled card. What card are you using and did you have to modify the AGA? What games do you play ?