*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah thats a cpu bottleneck at play.. And ubisoft games indeed double dip when it comes to drm both denuvo and another crypto based drm are active. Even a ryzen 8 core cant keep 60fps in the most recent AC.

2. dsmrunnah

dsmrunnah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you setup a task in task scheduler to disable it every time you login?

3. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mr Fox showed me to use the registry to stop the service. Check out my thread on it. Hopefully if remains off tomorrow. If this works everyone should look into this service and decide whether you should turn it off or not, but IMO it needs to be off because there should be NO service that should utilize 16.8% of your CPU.

4. cruisin5268d

cruisin5268d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As I tried to tell you what you are seeing is not normal. You need to see what is causing that to have high utilization. You didn’t uncover some widespread issue with Alienware.

But nah, don’t listen to the Windows Engineer. What do I know right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not normal?? I have asked 3 people who have seen the same exact behavior of that specific service while playing a Ubisoft game. I checked my son Alienware R6 and it also shows the same behavior during gaming. With that said I guess all those computers also have issue too and are not normal. We all have the same virus on the computers! What a coincidence! Wow

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  6. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    Well you should investigate and see what’s causing it if you have two different computers both doing it.

That points to a common software used in both since the hardware is completely different. Could be user installed or Dellienware software.

7. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have turned off the Push notification services as per Mr Fox suggestion via registry. Assassin Creed Odessey and Origins both work flawlessly. Computer works perfect. CPU usage no longer shows 100%. It could be isolated to Ubisoft games which causes this as they have all these pirate deterent applications running for the game.

Before I made the post about the Push notification services I scoured the web to see if others also had this issue and there are countless people complaining of this.

c69k likes this.
  8. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    No, I’ve been trying to tell you that you should investigate the cause on your specific machines.

There’s a third party application that’s causing the high utilization.

9. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for helping either way. Laptop and games are running perfect with the AGA again.

With that said. I finally after many trial and error finished my project and modifications to my AGA. It is not the prettiest but it works! I know I could have went with a watercooling solution and didn’t have to go through all this trouble, but didn’t feel comfortable with it so this is my solution. Noise levels with this setup is actually bearable. There is no whine or annoying high pitched fan noises and I went through many differnt fans which was annoying as hell! I have this setup in my living room and it’s barely noticeable!
    I have temps on all games now at 53-55c. Whatever game I play the temps don’t go beyond that range. When I play League Of Legends the GPU barely reaches 40c! My GPU temps are now cooler than my laptop CPU temps! Lol

Vents holes on the top of the casing to allow heat from the heatsink radiator fins, and vent holes to expose both fans which now can suck air freely and not constricted by the plastic casing. The design of the AGA was not meant for two fan cards.
    8E4ACFEC-E120-43FC-9F8B-5E83545FD473.jpeg

Top view with 92mm fans to force air to back of Casing. The front fan was not powerful enough to get the air circulating to back. Added another smaller fan to to circulate air towards the top portion.
    53B8D2F9-711A-46B3-A900-E482C4208D4F.jpeg

Added a passive 27mm heatsink that fit pefectly between backplate and PSU with two mini fans to cool heatsink.
    E0650A34-48DF-4DEB-A016-3C85D7C4421D.jpeg 10463310-4731-4A52-A214-C207F02FB58B.jpeg

propeldragon and rickdeckard like this.
  10. dsmrunnah

dsmrunnah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you overclocking any? Are you using the factory fan speed curve?