*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. cruisin5268d

cruisin5268d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    TheCloudX likes this.
  2. TheCloudX

TheCloudX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Appreciate your help!

cruisin5268d likes this.
  3. dsmrunnah

dsmrunnah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Questions to AGA owners. When you Are gaming does your laptop internal fans for the CPU and GPU periodically spin during gaming sessions on demanding CPU intensive games like Assassin Creed Origins? I could have sworn I have never seen them spin on the laptop since I bought the AGA months ago. I just updated BIOS and windows 1809 last week.

5. cruisin5268d

cruisin5268d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do they spin? Yes of course, they spin constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rickdeckard

rickdeckard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you mean do they spin FASTER under load...yes definitely they should act as they did prior to the AGA, at least for the CPU as I don't think the GPU is really doing anything.

7. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay. I am recently playing assassins creed origins and that game constantly pegs the CPU usuage to or close to I 100%. I guess I am just noticing the laptop fans spinning. I guess they work together when they turn on but at various speeds. I read Ubisoft games have some type of pirate software working which utilizes the CPU to it max.

8. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    in non-gsync laptops with the AGA, the internal GPU gets disabled like it is not even there. As such, the entire heat sync and both fans are dedicated to the CPU load and cooling needs

a_lunatic likes this.
  9. dsmrunnah

dsmrunnah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine don't hit max speeds with the AGA like they do with the dGPU. Looking at my HWInfo, my fans hit a max of 3200RPM while gaming this last session and that is with the lid closed. CPU barely cracked 60C.

10. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Crazy how much BS there is with the new windows 1809. I found there is a service that causes so much CPU usage from Windows Push Notification User Service_8a623. This needs to be disabled every time I play Assassin Creed Origins or else the game will freeze and stutter due to CPU usage overload. I see it utilizes about 16.8%. You cant permanently disable this service and I must stop it each time from the task manager. If I don’t stop it then ACO freezes and stutters. Is there a way to use a power shell command to do it automatically to stop the service instead of me doing it manually each time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk