*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. NA087

NA087 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    SLI?

I prefer single GPU over Sli. As for Titan Vp..... you will be waiting a while because Nvidia realized they d not have any real competition.

2. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    lol....you act like this is my first time with computers. Almost all of the games I play support SLI(OW, DOA5, Xenoverse, PUBG, BF1, . Only Naruto: Storm 4 doesn't and I can already play it with a single 1080.

Single GPU over SLI will always be better for max compatibility, but when you're trying to run 4K @ 60fps+ maxed out, it's pretty much needed to have 2 GPUs.

I know Titan V probably won't come out until earliest March/April, that's the point I was trying to make, my amp can sit empty as a usb hub until then LOL

hmscott likes this.
  3. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anybody have a clue why the performance on my AGA is so low. I've got a GTX 1080 Ti in it.

Getting **** FPS unless I actually go to the Nvidia website and download the desktop GTX 1080 Ti drivers, Then my performance is fine, but this wipes out the drivers for the 1060 that's built into the laptop, so if I wanna game on mobile I have to re-install those drivers. Constantly having to go back and forth like that is ****ty ass.

Isn't the Command Center supposed to automatically install the correct driver for the card inside the AGA?

hmscott likes this.
  4. NA087

NA087 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a 1080 so I don't know about this, but I thought nvidia driver for 1080ti includes 1050 1060 1070 and 1080

5. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Download the desktop drivers and modify the inf to include your 1060, I will probably also do this. That why it uses the same driver set for both. Performance should stay consistent.

6. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Where is this inf located? Also how do you modify it. Attempting to access anything inside the folder nivdia drivers create after the unzip happens results in permission errors.

7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\385.41\Win10_64\International\Display.Driver

This might help:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/installing-nvidia-drivers-by-modding-inf-files.746245/

I'll probably do a guide on it later if I end up buying a Titan X from someone in a week.

Muezick likes this.
  8. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Apparently you have to reboot your system once more after turning it on from being shut down when you disconnect or reconnect an AGA.

That solved my problem. Kinda frustrating honestly. But for everything else this machine offers, I'm willing to put up with it. Boot time is nothing, so no big deal.

9. Sentential

Sentential Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now this could be because I'm on AMD but I am not having that issue all I have to do is hit the undock button or shut down. Granted I get a long POST when swapping but nothing like you've described

10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Goy my Titan X (Pascal) in. Thought I would show the difference with the new "3x" drivers compared to the older drivers after AMD released Vega Frontier Edition and nVidia magically unlocked quadro level performance for the Titan X cards.

Cinebench R15 OpenGL 384.94:

[​IMG]

Cinebench R15 OpenGL 385.41:

[​IMG]

SPECviewperf12 384.94:

[​IMG]

SPECviewperf12 385.41:

[​IMG]