*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. shadowyani

shadowyani Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So you just removed the filter? I'm am not to privvy as to what this thing does. However my GTX 1080's buzzing is loud, so I am not sure if my PSU buzzes because of this so even if I were to remove it on mine I would likely not hear a benefit until I got a new graphics card.

2. John Rosenthal

John Rosenthal Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    in my case i installed the another PSU for Titan X because i had another one, more powerful and quiet. Although stock PSU worked fine with this card.

to remove the filter it's not a big deal.
    For example, another brands of PSU's don't uses the same like AGA filter on second 12V line.
    But if you have no expirience with that work i not recomend you do it self.

if your GTX 1080 have only one 8pin power line, you can use yellow-black wires.
    black-brown wires make noise only if connected in Card

shadowyani likes this.
  3. Shaden

Shaden Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea ... I am just not getting it ... still not getting the frames I think I should ... LOAD on the 1080 is max, but the software that comes with the EVGA ICX Superclocked 2 forces max load I think, .... but memory usage on the card is pretty low, most I have seen is almost 5GB ... of 11GB. I mean, am I running near or at 60 FPS in everything, yes, but what I see online suggests I should be geting much more . Dunno if there is a bottle nexk I am not aware of ... could 16GB of RAM be the issue ... ???

4. Shaden

Shaden Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Also ... 3D Mark seems to KILL Hwinfo ... anyone know what thats about. sensors don't seem to track while bench is running ...

5. shadowyani

shadowyani Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well let's not disregard the obvious then. If you drop your resolution to something really low like 1024x768 are you still at 60 fps?

6. Shaden

Shaden Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I will check this I the morning.

7. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does the amp support duo slot GPU without modification?
    I'm looking to get Quadro 6000 that has Duo slots.

8. John Rosenthal

John Rosenthal Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  9. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You mean it supports dual slot form factor cards or also cards with dual slot?

10. Shotbot

Shotbot Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there I'm wondering if anyone can help with this. My AGA seems to be slowing my computer down significantly and only running at PCIe x1 instead of the advertised x4.

Here's the situation and things that can be ruled out.

Currently running the Alienware 15r2

I have tried both the asus 1070 turbo and the asus 1080 strix cards with no success. I have tried upgrading and downgrading BIOS currently at 1.3.10 but i ha e also gone all the way down to 1.2.8. I have reinstalled (clean installed) all nvidia drivers trying both the asus websites nvidia drivers and the latest dell mobile ones. I know the card is connected correctly. I have reinstalled and updated alienware command center and the alienware graphics amplifier drivers. I always only connect it when the computer is turned off. I also tried using only an external display and still didn't help.

I tried calling alienware support and they weren't much help. Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017