*OFFICIAL* Alienware "Graphics Amplifier" Owner's Lounge and Benchmark Thread (All 13, 15 and 17)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Edwin Deverill

Edwin Deverill Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi - thanks for your answer.
    I am very worried as my 1080 ti in the AGA (no OC) produces about 13,000 score on standard Firestrike tests. I have the 17 R3 with 6820HK. I really don't know what is going wrong :(Results are here

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think that is the full score not the graphics score you are talking about.

edit: just saw your link, your graphics score is over 20k, so it seems to be running fine.

Your physics score though is a tad low for the CPU. Here is mine with a 1070GTX OC'ed.
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11413715

3. Edwin Deverill

Edwin Deverill Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, yeah.
    The post I was replying too was in relation to the combined score as well - mine is so much lower. My graphics score is about 7K lower. not to mention my physics....with the same or even lower spec machines my graphics and physics scores are lower than they should be.

What is going wrong? Very confusing! :(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. ERdiesel

ERdiesel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Just a thought, have you checked to see if your card is running at the expected peak frequency or if it's getting enough power? I think you can check using hwinfo.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Edwin Deverill

Edwin Deverill Newbie

Reputations:
    I have GPUZ what is the expected peak frequency? And how do I use it to check if it is getting enough power?

Sorry - I am a bit of a noob at this.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Make sure you ahve the latest bios, because some limited the PCI speed to 1X instead of 4X.

The combined score is something you shouldnt look too much at. Just the physics score and graphics score. Make sure you use the latest 3dmark. Because previous versions had some problems with the physics scores.

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @rinneh : Is this result good for 980m http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12093225

8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Thanks. Your score is very good considering the fact you haven't OCed. I OC'ed with core 130 and memory 200.

10. StanJarensky

StanJarensky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So for those of you with the 1080 Ti and AGA, what's the verdict? Is the performance good enough to justify spending the extra $200 on a 1080 Ti? Isn't a 17,000 combined Firestrike score low for a 1080 Ti especially since similar builds with a 1080 are usually sitting at ~16,000? I plan on buying a 15 R3, AGA, and new GPU (currently have a 1070) and I'm trying to decide between the 1080 and 1080 Ti. So far, it looks like if I'm going to go the AGA route, the 1080 Ti doesn't seem worth it. What do you guys running the builds think?