*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 9, 2020.

1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The big question will be... Will the 11th gen run castrated as the KS in the Area-R1 ?

c0ach and Normimb like this.
  2. MajorSick

MajorSick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Honestly, I only tested to see if they work I didn't do any kind to test aside UserBench and that's useless as tits on a bull for anything but basic testing.

c0ach likes this.
  3. Aorus X5-V7

Aorus X5-V7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, can anyone provide me the vbios that the Area-51m R2(2070 super) please?

4. Aorus X5-V7

Reputations:
    c0ach likes this.
  5. Aorus X5-V7

Reputations:
    @Spartan@HIDevolution
    I searched vBios of 2070 super(mobile) hard. Techpowerup provided a lot of vBios,
    but I couldn't find any vBios exceeding 115W TGP. It seemed as if no manufacturer had exceeded 115W TGP.
    Do you know anything about this?

6. Normimb

Normimb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Great!
    I have issues with my R2. Sometimes it won't charge at all when the power supply is inside (only 1 240watts most of the time).
    I am going to dismantle this laptop again this week and see if the issue is this CHEAP part from Dell.
    Thanks for the info. This might be my issue.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021 at 7:21 AM
    c0ach, ratchetnclank and Papusan like this.
  7. IveLostContact

IveLostContact Newbie

Reputations:
    I just wanted to stop in and post my findings for anyone out there interested. So yesterday I tested 3 different processors. 11900k, 11700k, 10900k. I can officially report that 11th gen processors will not boot in an area 51m r2. Your keyboard will light up, and then it resets. No Alienware screen, just infinite loop of light up and reset. Both 11th gens did the same thing no matter what I did. As for the 10900 it was hoooooottt. Even with max fans and severely undervolted. I think I had it down to 1.2v with -40 offset, it ran at 4.7ghz and still pulled 95-96c with max fans on prime95. When I gamed it was pulling fames in games due to the heat. So I opted to dial it down to a 10700k. Should have time to install it tomorrow hopefully. Just threw thw regular ol 10700 back in it for now until I can get the time to swap the 10700k in. Also upgraded from a 2070s to a 2080s while I was in there. Went from 99XX in 3D mark on the gpu, to 107XX on the gpu with the stock 10700. Both had stable overclocks of 400 on mem, and +170 on core. Seems to pull around 170 some on the power draw. Haven't got to really test it in games yet. Wife and kids.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021 at 10:20 AM
    c0ach and Papusan like this.
  8. Effiklinger689

Effiklinger689 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, this is a really great forum. Thanks for that! Great informations out here.
    I still haven't pulled the trigger to buy the Area 51m r2. For the simple fact that the factory screen-options are really bad; and I mean really bad. Considering it costs more than an arm and a leg.

I've wanted to buy an Area 51m R2 for about a year now and I am faced with the problem of which display to buy.

There is the 300Hz WITHOUT G-SYNC + TOBII + RGB 100% (I occasionally do some editing). But on the other hand though I want G-Sync for best performance. (I don't really care for FPS. I care for performance)
    I've read that G-Sync laptops are connected directly to the GPU, avoiding IGPU? is that right? Also TOBII would be great (Windows Hello)

Or

the 144HZ WITH G-SYNC + NTSC 72% (WORSE COLORS) How do the internals differ from each other? Are the G-Sync-models internally different?
    I've searched all over the internet, but I don't seem to find an adequate answer to my problem. It is a real dilemma for me since I want the best of both worlds.

The best would be a 4K display with 120HZ + TOBII + G-SYNC (For best performance)

If I get the option with factory G-Sync monitor, will the B173ZAN03.3 also have G-Sync?

Are NON-GSYNC AND G-SYNC monitors wired differently?

Does it matter which model I choose NOW? Suppose I want to have a 4K 120HZ with G-SYNC in the future?

Thanks, you're the best :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021 at 6:36 PM
    c0ach likes this.
  9. c0ach

c0ach Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

There also exists a build with:
    17-inch FHD 360Hz 5ms; 300 nits; 100% sRGB; Tobii eye tracking.

https://www.windowscentral.com/alienware-area-51m-gaming-laptop-has-insane-360hz-display?amp

It's what I bought and it's awesome

10. Effiklinger689

Effiklinger689 Newbie

Reputations:
    I know, but in my country it's not available anymore and thus it has not G-Sync.

c0ach likes this.