*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 9, 2020.

1. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    - Fixed the issue where the SATA storage information is not displayed in Enhanced Pre-Boot System Assessment (ePSA) diagnostics.
    - Firmware updates to address security vulnerabilities.

Papusan likes this.
  2. Asdesas

Asdesas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

bios 1.9.1 I notice a better management of the temperature cpu, gpu and less error report on windows 11 compared to bios1.8.1

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. Killswitch73

Killswitch73 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    did you all update to latest bios via support assist ? its how i found out the new bios update 5 mins ago . Ive had my laptop with 10900k and 2080 super for 15 days and on day 14 the temps on the system are crazy hot in games and hitting 95-100c on my OCD . clock speeds stay the same . GPU is fine at 75-80c

4. Normimb

Normimb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    3 ms respond time is where you will see the difference. (3ms for the 300hz and 5 ms for the 360hz).
    When playing a fast paste game you will notice it and believe me.....the experience is totaly different as oppose to the slower respond time panels. (The 144Hz is much slower.)
    It's not just about being kill or staying alive on a fast paste shooter. It's about how fast the game feels. An instant respond is much more immersive as oppose to a delay respond.

5. Asdesas

Asdesas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I download the bios updates via the dell site and I install them manually! trying to reset the bios should fix your problem

6. MajorSick

MajorSick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There a warm computer man get a decent cooling pad and lower the voltage and you will be sweet.

7. IveLostContact

IveLostContact Newbie

Reputations:
    Before I go reading through 367 pages (lol) has it been confirmed wether or not 11th gen processors are compatible yet? Like an 11700k? I know it's the same socket but will it work?

c0ach and MajorSick like this.
  8. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You would need BIOS support. Take a guess if Dell provided this.

Normimb likes this.
  9. IveLostContact

IveLostContact Newbie

Reputations:
    Well damn, guess the 11th gen that's on it's way will just go back to bestbuy when it arrives haha. That being said, can these rigs handle the 10900 in gaming without major heat throttling or is it just a safer bet to get the 10700?

10. MajorSick

MajorSick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes the 11700k ~ 11900k and all KF and such work including the all 10 series versions.
    There is a slight issue with the Alienware software with them but you can use alternate programs to use.

c0ach likes this.