*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 9, 2020.

1. charmewtwo

charmewtwo Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah lol the computer froze eventually but now with -145 undervolt it's been all good
    Btw nvidia control panel power management setting actually didn't matter (for coil whine) either

2. Justin Stuever

Justin Stuever Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That makes more sense... its a Demi-God chip not a God chip guys :D

3. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha.

Mine is only stable at -65. Any higher and i'll get random bluescreens.

Justin Stuever likes this.
  4. Justin Stuever

Justin Stuever Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine 10900K is completely stable in all real world and all stress tests at -100mv core and -60mv cache but that is only due to being limited at 4.7Ghz. Which is strange cause I damn sure didn't win the silicone lottery as I can barely run 4.8GHz without throttling due to thermals. Delid with LM and re-paste bumped me up from 4.7Ghz to 4.8Ghz.

I haven't seen many with my -100mv that are stable, much less -145mv.

5. s1rrah

s1rrah Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have no idea what I'm doing with Throttlestop LOL ... in fact, before getting this Area51m R2, I didn't even know the program existed. I've just read this forum and copied everybody else's settings. I run -91.8 offset on both CPU and Cache and have never had a single issue. I also use Throttlestop to maintain a steady 5ghz overclock and have have bios/command center set to default clock speeds. You can see my clock speed and idle temps in the status/tray area in this shot ... also my ignorant Throttlestop settings. But it works so I'm not messing with it. Those temps are sitting at a restaraunt with the back elevated, mind you .. fans running around 70% ... I tend to lean towards higher fan speeds day to day .. I'm warrantied through the end of 2024 so I'm not worried about wearing out a fan or two. Temps are even better at work on my laptop cooler:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  6. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Throttlestop never works for me. It never actually applies the offset. The boxes on right side never update no matter what i do.

7. MajorSick

MajorSick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah I ended up realising that I had an older version. Honestly, I think the ACC works better with less options 0_o

8. ImHokoo

ImHokoo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello, I purchased brand new area-51 R2 last black Friday with i9 10900k, 64gb ram, 2TB drive and the 2070 super 360hz screen, 4 yr warrenty...I am not very happy with the screen and wan't to know if its posibble to upgrade or replace the screen with a 4k screen or should I just wait untill Black Friday and buy a new system with a 4k screen?

9. s1rrah

s1rrah Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You could get the part number for different screens and try to order and replace it yourself. That said, ... what do you dislike about the 1080p IPS 360hz screen? I have the same screen and love it although I rarely game on the laptop screen as my Area51m is an office machine where I have an external 1080p 24" gaming monitor. But the laptop screen is a thing of beauty as far as I'm concerned ... absolutely perfect, zero bleed, etc. 4K just doesn't work for me at the laptop screen size level ... bit too tight of a fit for me ...

10. ImHokoo

ImHokoo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Regarding the screen, I upgrade or buy a new laptop every 4 years because thats how long the max warrenty is on these systems and my old one had a resolution of 2550 x 1440 screen, not total 4k quality but when you played games or watched movies everything just popped with color and all the extras. This 360hz screen that have now just seems dull in comparision. No pop or color crispness and when playing games its just blah to me