*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 9, 2020.

1. normand668

normand668 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I agree, just like the majority of senior contributors here, he is providing either constructive or justified critical feedback on Dell/"Alienate" practices.

As a basic user I've always found this forum extremely insightful for that reason and all the tech knowledge people like @Papusan @etern4l @Mr. Fox and @Spartan@HIDevolution have to name a few.

Anyway It will be interesting to see when the next GPUs reach laptops, when the R3 arrives and how Dell market the silicon overall (rush it out vs bleed out the customer base with offers to sell surplus 20XX series mobile GPUs).

Regardless I firmly agree with @etern4l on the view people should essentially think hard on the merits of purchasing now when an entire new generational leap is on our doorstep. Either to buy the 30XX or take advantage of 20XX discounts. Its what I'm stating to both customers and friends. However like has been said before, some people don't require the best tech all the time and no doubt have good reasons if buying now. (Myself included lol).

raz8020, Normimb, Aroc and 5 others like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I despise everything that smells screw up, soldered hardware (jokebooks), castrated firmware, promises that wont be fulfilled and issues (see castrated firmware for the R1) that won't be fixed. I'm for all LGA/upgradeable laptops. They are so few/rare nowadays.

Only Clevo and Area-51 tick that boxes.
    MSI offer LGA in their GT76 but destroyed it's own model with welded on graphics (in short a Jokebook). I like helping people, as well follow whats up in the notebook world.

Paint everything pretty and well (so called fanboyism) isn't my style
    . If something could be improved/fixed and the notebook manufacturer don't bother... We all should point that out without being called haters of certain brands.

Never a good idea accepting being screwed
    (accept a product that don't work correctly). All you get back being too kind (fanboy) is similar or in worst case a worse product next time you knock on the buying door.

@ratchetnclank and @normand668 You both hit the nail on the head. +reps

jclausius, Rei Fukai, raz8020 and 7 others like this.
  3. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree 100% with your arguments, I was just curious. As I said, no offense intended.

4. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I’m actually very disappointed in both Clevo and Dell.

I had high hopes for the X170 and at least decent hope for 51M R2.

I could get a R2 and probably enjoy it alot, but for some reason, only Lunar Light is available where I live. Of course that wasn’t the deciding factor, but it played in. I want my gaming rig the same color as my wifes soul (hint: not white).

normand668 likes this.
  5. Normimb

Normimb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you @Papusan for everything you bring to the community. Most i have learn about computers and company's bad policy came from you sharing what you have learned. I never felt offended when you say something negative about a product or a discusting pratice of a company....because you speak the truth.

I like my 51M but....i hate how dell treats us with updates and not providing upgradability.

THANKS AGAIN!

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    jclausius, raz8020, etern4l and 5 others like this.
  6. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    damn dude, you should get a divorce, lol :twitchy:

7. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    wait R3, probably you can get a ryzen CPU and gen 4 PCIE or Get R1

c69k, Aroc, Normimb and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    normand668 likes this.
  9. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Also, I'm still hoping for a MUX switch in the R3! :D

10. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    +1. Bro @Papusan is a Norwegian national treasure. I'm sure fanboys (as opposed to critically thinking users) are rarely happy with what he has to say, but there really is no point shooting the messenger!

raz8020, Normimb, Papusan and 2 others like this.