*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    I also never reseal my IHS ... only on some rare occasions where maybe using an aftermarket ihs that are cut to intel specs where it has to have the small gap from the sealant.

As for the left side of the vent? That's the CPU side... did he mean his left when facing the laptop? Or left when looking at it from the rear of the laptop? Because if it is the rear that's the GPU side.

I'm well aware of what AMOLED is as I'm just as much into phones as I am with computers. Look me up on xda. :) Again, I think you've missed where I had mentioned that the use of the word OLED was a general term in referencing something general with screen burn issues etc... It's like how we call bios, bios... it's not really technically a bios in case you didn't know, rather it's an emulated bios if you're running 64bit on uefi which allows you to run 32bit for older stuff.

As for falling for marketing hype? No. I know the technicalities of the tech that I purchase. I think what would be practical here is nit picking why we keep calling bios, bios. :p

At the end of the day, not that serious... oh and the nitpicking comment was geared toward the whole samsung drive topic.

Very nice and great to hear. :) There are a lot of clever ways to go about it for sure... and more power to experimenting. - I've been running a lot of controlled tests the past few days and I'm pretty pleased with the temps with my 8086K. A 6 core is such a great fit for this system. I have the 9900K in the other system and it gets pretty warm lol...but as expected. Still a lot more testing in the line up... I'm barely half way there with all the projects on hand.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    S.K likes this.
  2. Predator2181

Predator2181 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanna know if some can share.. with brand new tobii eye etc and ir cam present.. why does this area 51m has no win hello ?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

3. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    The Bios is as much "Bios" as Area 51m is a "Laptop"! :D

4. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    Don't tell that to UEFI. :p

S.K likes this.
  5. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Windows is vulnerable enough already. I think your device security is better off without it. Plus, nothing beats good old password to boot sequence.

6. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh man :( I'm sorry that is some bad luck

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2019
    S.K likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...m-owners-lounge.826831/page-879#post-10900895

I think @captn.ko still wait on your results.
    This isn't about luck.... More like. Just a matter of time. As I said before. Have a spare computer. Old doesn't matter. A phone is not always the best for everyone.
    upload_2019-4-29_16-17-42.png

8. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Add me to the list that doesn't have a problem at all with Samsung drive. My unit has the 970 EVO Plus 1TB.

iunlock and S.K like this.
  9. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's why i almost everytime mention bios with (UEFI) at the back cause it's not a bios anymore. I like to refer to things as they stand, not as what people think is easier to use. It can disorientate not tech savy people (especially when saying OLED is LED). The reason why i do that is because this machine is new, and there are alot of users that buy thinks because of the marketing. You bought is because you knew what it was and how to use it correctly, but not eveyone does.

saying that AMOLED is marketing term while it's a display technology is not the same as saying Bios is UEFI. UEFI is an sort successor to the BIOS cause it has the same functionality, but with more feature's (like handling drivers greater than two terabytes). BIOS is also almost not being used (produced) anymore due to UEFI as to AMOLED there are AMOLED and OLED displays which are two different displays which behave differently. Today you can buy OLED or AMOLED screens, as to with UEFI/BIOS you don't have a choice which one you're going to buy/use (except if you write the firmware yourself, and resolder the bios ROM chip yourself)

S.K likes this.
  10. iujona

iujona Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got mine from HIDevolution. The thermals are great. I can play this thing on my lap wearing shorts and not get burned.