*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Which machine do you have? As long as it is from Dell, I think you should be OK with transferring ownership. Unless there is some upgrade that voids warranty which in case of Area51m isn't the case.

2. Alan Fagner

Alan Fagner Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is my machine.

Attached Files:

3. bvermeul

bvermeul Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HID bought the system from Dell with an i7, and sold it with an i9. If the system were ever replaced by dell, you would get an i7 in return, and not the i9 you had.

HID in europe is a pain, especially since you can get the machine here (and probably cheaper if you factor in import duties and shipping).

4. Alan Fagner

Reputations:
    exactly, a real shame, at the time I bought with the hidevolution thought of the test and the fast delivery, I was not happy

5. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I don't think you'll ever need to replace the CPU anyway so go ahead and transfer ownership to yourself. If there is a warranty claim, it will be on other components. In the worst case if you want to RMA the system, you can ask Dell to keep the CPU and return the rest which I think will be possible after some negotiations with the support.

6. Alan Fagner

Reputations:
    at first I am going to make this exchange with Hidevolution, after receiving my new laptop, I will follow your recommendation is to transfer the warranty! hidevolution never again

S.K likes this.
  7. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds like poop compared to my MSi GT75 and GE73 Raider with "subs". Heck, even sounds worse than my tiny Lenovo Yoga C930 with a tiny Dolby Atmos sound bar built into the hinge.

SlickDragon, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  8. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    MSI GT75 Titan is hands down the best sounding monster out there, no questions asked! I owned one until last month and it was so good that I rarely used headphones while gaming. Area 51m is also good, but no sub-woofers here, so one has to readjust expectations. :) I loved it's keyboard too. Those steel series keyboards are just a pleasure to type on!

9. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's what i did... mine is still in repair but in case it's too long (quite 2 weeks now...) i hope this will help me to obtain a swap...

S.K likes this.
  10. cope123abc

cope123abc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is it louder than the P870DM/KM etc ? as i have owned many laptops and in my opinion - the P870 is the best sounding followed by the m18x ?

Papusan likes this.