*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did order from them earlier but they've no clue when Dell will stock their inventory. In fact, they've not received a single Area 51m since launch. I ended up waiting for weeks and then finally canceled the order.
    Now, waiting for Hidevolution to deliver the product. Also, Hidevolution is giving 2 years premium warranty rather than 1 year from Xotic which make the price difference negligible between the two companies. HID at least delivers the system, albeit they end up burning out, Xotic has no clue if they'll even see an Area 51m.
    I will try this System once, whatever it takes, will try to take good care of it like my M17xR3, if it ends up turning out to be a lemon, I might wanna try the new Razer Blade Pro 17. I've never owned a thin and light gaming system so got to do that at least once just to see what the fanboys are on about.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Je355804

Je355804 Newbie

Reputations:
    FWIW I just recently bought a thin gaming laptop for the first time and will never do so again. The thing is hot as a toaster, even when undervolted.

3. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @iunlock Can you send me screenshots of all TS pages with overclock settings for the 51m, this would be my first time using the app, so need to see how yours is setup . Thank you

Had issues with AW Oc controls giving an install error and even after trying to remove AWCC and all other associate programs and deleting registry entry and reinstalling , Oc control just doesn’t want to install . Reading the forum, seems it’s advisable not to even bother installing it

4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Yes I've claimed warranty from Corsair as this stick had lifetime warranty. But considering that there are so many issues going on with this motherboard, I wouldn't be surprised that this thing killed my RAM although nothing can be said for certain at this point.

Papusan likes this.
  5. TRANCE1

TRANCE1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Super stoked, I just ordered a 9700k + rtx2060, 144hz Lunar Light straight from Dell. I don't mind the weak GPU, at least it will run cool, a video on youtube shows this setup running consistently at CPU 60-65c and 50-55c GPU during BF5, not even re-pasted, and that's with the GPU overclocked core 150mhz/200mhz mem and CPU at full core boost (4.6ghz). I can't stand loud fans so with these temps the fans should stay in the 30dB range which I can handle.

VoodooChild and SacraficeMyGoat like this.
  6. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nice, you'll enjoy it. Fans aren't loud at all unless you run on performance or full speed. I run my 2070 on balanced while gaming and I never hear them, and temps are very low.

7. blazkowicz009

blazkowicz009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Today after playing CS:GO I shutdown the alienware area 51m but it never turned on again! I tried everything but still it did not come back to life.
    Anyone have any ideas please

steberg and VoodooChild like this.
  8. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds like another dead machine. You're pretty much SOL unfortunately.

Call dell/alienware asap and ask for a replacement.

9. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, it sounds like its another dead machine. When did you get yours and what was the spec, if you don't mind me asking?

As has been said, get onto Dell and get them to sort it ASAP. Good luck!!

10. jasonVFe

jasonVFe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is the same customer care and sales as 6 years ago when I got my first alienware 13 from dell. No change at all!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Papusan likes this.