*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Thanks for this! I had not seen this yet.

2. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's what I was thinking, but will logging into Windows upon set up log me into Tobii? I think I'll try and claim it again before installing the new ssd just incase. It would be nice if I could get a second copy!

3. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Hey enthusiasts. Anyone out here running a direct dye 9900K in their area 51m? I am getting mine this week and thinking of removing the IHS altogether and going direct dye.

4. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not sure the heatsink would make contact with the direct die mod.

5. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I'm going to be using a direct dye mounting bracket that I bought from der8auer's amazon store instead of using the stock motherboard socket. I'll be giving it a shot anyway and if it works, I'll stick to that. Just wanted to know if somebody out here has already done it as I once saw in comments that somebody here had a delidded cpu.

6. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Would need a repad most likely.

c69k likes this.
  7. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I intend to replace the thermal pads anyway across the entire motherboard with FujiPoly extreme ones. Anything other than that will be figured out during the experiment I guess since it seems nobody out here has done it so far. :)

8. andrew bentley

andrew bentley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey everyone ive got the 51m 9700k/2080 all standard except for 32gb of hyper x ram every time i run the support assist and do the system check it fails and says theres a problem anyone else get this or is it just cause i changed them ram

9. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Try re-seating the ram into the ram slots. If it is not seated in properly or there is a tiny dust particle sitting between the ram metal contacts and the connector pins then it will play such funky tricks at random. I'd use a pressurized air can and spray compressed air into the ram slots to get rid of any junk that might have fallen in there.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  10. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I just talked to Dell support guys on Twitter and they are saying that Dell could enable support for RAM speeds higher than 2400 MHz going forward via a Bios update. I think if enough of us ping them and request the same thing, we could get this update sooner rather than later. I'd really like to make my 4 GHz Ram modules work at the max speeds that they are capable of.