*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What's the specs for this AUO screen? Can you point me somewhere?
    Also, someone should share the calibrated profiles for both the screens so that we users can enjoy it too.
    Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Essentially but I was referring to the quality of job people do.

3. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    780W Dell Cable
    Well, we shall know soon enough. I do have one bought and paid for. Just waiting for it to show up.

4. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After all i got my laptop repaired !

The technician changed :

- The graphic card
    - The motherboard
    - The keyboard (i asked Dell to change from QWERTY to AZERTY, i paid something like 90€)

And the least i can say for the moment is :

"everything i working fine !!!"

[​IMG]

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/35268583?

I didn't do any clean reinstall of the system as everything was running fine, AWCC kept the settings i've made (light 100MHZ OC on the GC & 10 MHZ on the memory).

Temperature are the same as before that mean very nice (40°C idle on both CPU&GC and 75/80 @ Max on gaming 94°C @ Max on CPU test on 3DMark :
    I asked the technician to apply some Kryonaut i've order 2 days ago.

Let's cross the fingers now to avoid the same problem in the future.

I think that was maybe the graphic card that ended in "smoke" but i wasn't so sure because when all the "old" parts where spread on my table i tried to get as close as possible of the motherboard & the graphic card and i couldn't smell anything... i noticed a very little brown color under a MOSFET (grey component) on the power part of the GC but i wasn't that sure it wasn't as noticeable as other users on this forum with the same problem...

Seems like i'll never know...

Thanks to everyone here, i'll be keeping you guys up to date if my computer is still running fine in months/weeks........

.. or not ! :D

PS : As a bonus i've noticed that the little Alien head behind the screen is now lit... i was 100% sure it couldn't turn on before... i think the technician managed to repair even this lil' problem ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
  5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Don't forget to lower your GPU voltage in afterburner. Don't want that thing burning up.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
    SlickDragon, propeldragon and c69k like this.
  6. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My replacement 51m is arriving tomorrow and I'm wondering if I can just swap the ssd I bought separately for my old machine, into the new machine without issue? (Already has Windows and all of my programs on it.)

Or should I just do a complete reinstall of windows? I did change the BIOS settings from raid to AHCI, so if I did just swap it over, should I boot the bios on the new machine and switch it over to AHCI first?

I have 2 USBs, one with just regular Windows 10 Home (October update) and another from Dells website that includes alienware software that I got by putting my service tag in the website and downloading.

Just wondering if it is better to do a reinstall, should I go with the base Windows USB or the Dell one?

Another quick question, since I already claimed Division 2 on the old machine, will I not be able to claim it again on the replacement?

7. Aradhakr84

Aradhakr84 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Division 2 you claimed is tied to your account. You don't have to claim it again. It will be in your account to download.

8. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you advice me some values ?

Can i do this with NVInspector ?

9. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry. What I meant is, can I claim it again? Possibly have a 2nd copy to sell?

10. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Its all very variable. I would suggest around 1.025V @ stock clocks. I never use Nvidia inspector; I do not think you can use it to control the voltage curve