*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow, my replacement wasn't due to arrive until April 26, guess it shipped tonight and will be arriving in the next couple of days.

Looks like a lot of machines are shipping sooner than expected.

2. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Btw, I find this hilarious. The support guy on twitter told me he would keep me updated if there is any news regarding my laptop its status.
    Friday I found out myself that the expected shipping date changed from 20/04 to 11/04
    And yesterday morning did find out the status was actually shipped.

And still nothing from twitter. lol

judal57 likes this.
  3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They cant even share good news lol.

I find even good reputable companies (even non tech based) have very poor communication today.

4. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ordered a 9700k, 2080, 16GB, Samsung 500GB nvme and 860pro 1TB for $3,300 in Lunar white. Now, the hard waiting part begins. Ordered through xotic as they were $500 cheaper than HID for the same specs without the 1TB 2.5" SSD.
    I've chosen for a clean install option and stock thermal paste. Will do that later myself if need be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Guys, I'm supposed to get 3 games bundle, Battlefield V, Anthem and Metro Exodus with the purchase of a 2080 based laptop. Also, Tobii is running Division 2 game bundle currently.
    So, will I get 4 games for free? If so, how so I redeem it?

SlickDragon and alexnvidia like this.
  5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    1) AWCC is pretty much broken. Manual fan control does not work, and overclock only over clocks cores 0 to 5. Cores 6, 7 will be 300mhz lower by default.

2) you need to check the box to "apply immediately". There is also a config file in the installation folder. Make sure it isn't "read only".

Make sure you turn off AWCC overclocking.

c69k and mattcube64 like this.
  6. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Xotic will email you redemption codes or should. The tobii game should apply when you register with tobii. Congrats

7. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'm stocked.
    4 news games worth $200 sounds sweet. One more month with my M17xR3 680M, 2920XM beast until I pass it on to my 16 year old cousin. The beast stays in the family and only time will tell if the Area 51m will outlast this magnificent system.

Amroth likes this.
  8. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice! I'm going to pass my M17x R3 to a friend, all my siblings are girls and they have no interest in my system haha. Going to miss having this robust port selection though

9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Hummm, that sounds plausible, but not sure that works on anything after the M18XR1. The Alienware 18 would not allow for the dual psu to work, but that also was not done in the fashion you mentioned. I guess we shall know when I get my new cable since i'm "assuming" it's a single barrel plug. The picture I saw seems to be still of the 4 pin tip.

If your idea can be made smaller than half the size of a flash drive, that may be a workable option. Depending on cost of course.

If you do that then they will register, but the idea was to only need to carry 1. I was testing to see if that were true. Now i'm more curious as to this cable from Eurocom and will it register 780W. i haven't seen any pictures anywhere. Have you?

I would not get to happy with that as it's not showing all the information correctly.

10. Adam181

Adam181 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got a message from Dell saying my new A51M will be delivered tomorrow, 6 days early. Ordered on 29/3 and delivered 10/4. I should be happy except I have to wait until the 16th when I'm back home to use it as I work overseas. Impressed with the delivery time though, hoping this one lasts more than a day.

SlickDragon and c69k like this.