*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The damage is done, So you don't have to take it down, I appreciate at least you trying to keep it as discrete as possible. I see it as my bad for sharing it online, I mean what was I expecting.
    About the reason, I worked in helpdesk before and I am now working in a company where there are helpdesk workers. The friendlier you are to them, the better they help, whenever one of my colleagues see one of our customers complain on social media, they detest such behavior and help them with less interest causing that client in essence to get worse helpdesk service.

Even though it might not be true, I didn't want them to get the idea, that I am ranting online about their "bad service", as it's not the case, they try to be very helpful, and this simply happens to be a case where they are not able to do much as they simply messed up.
    But like I said, damage is done, I hope Dell won't see it like I am fearing it. As I still am a little suspicious of the fact that I am one of the only persons that got told this. So was this disclosed info that I shouldn't have known? I don't know.

At least, I was able to help other people with this message, to give them better understanding.

And by the way, I actually liked your video, and think you went a little overkill with your Area 51M :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2019
    SlickDragon, raz8020, Amroth and 11 others like this.
  2. Expje87

Expje87 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone has any idea why the 51m backpack is not sold in europa?

3. Desertf0x9

Desertf0x9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just got an email saying my Area-51m has shipped. 9700k/2080 configuration in Lunar Light ordered on 3/22. Original projected delivery date is 5/2. That was a lot quicker than I expected.

4. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    An easier way than the method I found to work earlier is to let the update download. Then when given the option, EXTRACT the file to a folder. Close out AWCC. Then run the .exe file from the folder you extracted to.

5. iujona

iujona Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Man

DELL customer service is the most incompetent. I tried to order off the website but they said there was something wrong with my address. Then I called to order which took 30mins, gave my cc details which were all verified and then I get an email from another department saying my order needs to be verified. In the end I cancelled. I have an AORUS X9 DT which lags around 10fps but doesn't need TWO power bricks.

GTVEVO likes this.
  6. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is news that gets my hopes really high, also seen a handful of people post this on reddit. Hope mine gets updated soon too.
    I am still bummed about having to wait until 29/04.

zdroj likes this.
  7. Indiana5olo

Indiana5olo Newbie

Reputations:
    Dang, I ordered a Lunar Light 9900/2080 on the 27th, my eta is still 4/30. Congrats to you though :)

8. Guille0507

Guille0507 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Whatever, I ordered a Lunar light 9700/2070 on March 17th. I've received 2 delays and no info. on what part is missing or having an issue. Just updates the day its supposed to ship that another delay has occurred.

Frank Azor that I tweeted asked for my order# via DM 3 days ago, still has not replied.

Just got another delay today (supposed to ship out yesterday) stating it is pushed back to April 11th now. Just like another user mentioned, I feel as if they just keep these placeholder dates about a week and half out to keep you tethered. In the end, I will be most likely canceling this order. Too much money for terrible customer service, I don't want to imagine dealing with them if something on the unit is faulty. Congratulations on your unit being shipped, enjoy it!

9. area51m

area51m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would have already had my system 3 weeks ago, if the distributor hadn't decided to make every single one of the initial batch of 20 with the Black finish :(