*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They do Alienware review every Wednesday for around an hour, it’s the 11th time btw. Really Great, remember I was there on the shop in Akihabara wanna to get Dell Inspiron I believe but ended up with Qosmio x303.
    I remember he mentioned battery around 2 hours unlike other that may be up to 8 hours? And he explained also the purpose and plan of Area 51m from now, that what I want to hear actually but yeah I’m only ordinary employee here, can’t watch an hour video on working time:tears:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I hope you're right. And maybe a repaste is different from what we have Frank Azor stating, "..consider buying the cpu from us as well because we use a very specific thermal paste that you would have to use in order to preserve your warranty if you upgraded the cpu." - http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...enware-15-and-17.826796/page-42#post-10846008

AFAIK, this is the first time a TIM is explicitly mentioned as something that may void a warranty. If you plan on scraping and saving the old TIM on repaste, I hope that you can get enough to re-apply if needed. Perhaps your Tier 3 buddy can enlighten us on how Dell will check if the paste is 'Dell approved'. There have been wild speculations on how they will identify the paste. For example, a special coloring (AW Green??). Or perhaps things are as you say, and they won't really check or enforce it.

But if you do end up sending it back, and are feeling particularly adventuresome (or guinea piggish), do a quick repaste before it goes back. It would benefit this community if you report back the results of they accepted it ("All's well") or voided the warranty ("You've got to be kidding me!!")

No offense, but a software EULA is a poor comparison to a warranty of a physical product. They're nothing alike. Also, in case your question was to me directly, No I don't have to hit the "Accept" button on a Windows 10 install. There's no need, as my mind has already been freed from The Matrix. My signature below regarding the OS probably explains better.

3. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If I end up pulling the trigger on one of these it will be from HIDevolution where they will warranty the laptop and all the TIM work. Depending on independent reviews of the Area 51-M (not one that sounds like a paid ad like laptopmag's) I plan on buying the delidded 9700k from HID

raz8020, jclausius and GTVEVO like this.
  4. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think that is a wise decision.

raz8020 likes this.
  5. iron_megalith

iron_megalith Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I usually don't care about waiting for reviews but this is eating me every day. I wonder if Dell had issues with shipping out units to reviewers. The embargo is already lifted but it's been pretty silent.

mobile96 and Fire Tiger like this.
  6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    C5EC563E-4E79-4107-AAB9-C4A8A9B67FE6.jpeg AC0B636F-03F9-4D69-91DB-136F94DF7917.jpeg Idk if this is already mentioned before, here is the Legend Alienware concept design, why is current Alienware Area 51M Born. These all collaborations came to the design.
    It’s not even 20% the show, I’ll watch later, if you’re interested I’ll share the rest.

CaerCadarn and mobile96 like this.
  7. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    I could catch quite abit. All fluff and nothing of substance as you could probably tell anyway. Paid promotion and shilling at its finest.
    Still It was a nice link, I used to work a 2 min walk from where they are sitting.

Ashtrix likes this.
  8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Work in Akihabara:D

TBoneSan likes this.
  9. mobile96

mobile96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    if any of you speak german: they sum it up pretty good

they basically say it depends on the cpu and the resolution you play on, but the gpus can come very close to their stock desktop versions as long as they don't get bottlenecked. (tested on a msi ge75 raider 8sf)

so combined with the desktop cpus in the aw they should actually perform decently well... i hope that will be the case

10. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I ordered mine from the belgium site. And there on my order details it is listed with 180 + 330