*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s been a couple years since I’ve done this but I do remember having to override, I just can’t say for sure and don’t want you bricking your GPU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. corona2172

corona2172 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, at this point, I'd say the risk is worth it heh. I think I will try to re-install fresh windows 10 one more time, then override and flash. Talked to Dell Customer support to see if I could just buy a GPU, but didn't seem to be an option. From over here, it would be almost a 3 month turn around time if I have to send this thing back stateside.

3. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    The best I've been able to get so far.

SlickDragon and Darkhan like this.
  4. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The m15 has much more competition from Razer, Asus, HP and such. All about the same thin and somewhat light systems with their own little quirks.

The Area 51m only competes with the CLEVO DTRs which have had the same dull design going on 3 years now, and MSI Titian that have the horrible large dragon logo (subjective) and is considerably larger.

People seem much more interested in it then past DTR Clevo and MSI systems that get churned out every year. Almost 500,000 in 4 months is insane for the amount of traffic this site sees in general.
    upload_2019-3-31_18-1-6.png

5. Adam181

Adam181 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried using an external monitor on mine but didnt seem to matter, i still had no post and error continued so I suspect it was complete GPU failure for mine. I ran through some diagnostic tests with Dell support and they were happy to send out a technician to replace the lcd panel, GPU and Mainboard which I said i didnt want to do. Thats like buying a new car from the dealership and driving it home to have the engine blow up and they tell me they'll send a mechanic around to replace the engine...no thanks give me a new one please or a full refund.

c69k likes this.
  6. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To anybody that uses Alienware Command Center.... It's a turd if you ever try to uninstall it... Blue screens and sleep issues... What a piece of crap software.

SlickDragon, raz8020, Ashtrix and 2 others like this.
  7. hadi7fold

hadi7fold Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My order's status changed from approved to "sent" ! .. is delay season over ? :D

8. gthirst

gthirst Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There isn't any way to control fans or rgb without it right? I'm going to be doing a clean Windows install soon and would love to avoid ACC if possible.

9. XxAcidSnowxX

Reputations:
    April fools

Jk, enjoy!

raz8020, Darkhan and hadi7fold like this.
  10. XxAcidSnowxX

Reputations:
    That's what I'm finding too, now I just keep my fans on balanced and I live with default rhb... What horrible software though, seriously it's so bad, it's made me reinstall win 3 times .... And reflash my bios cause I think it modifies invisible settings in there too... I thought I would try it again after they updated, what a mistake, now I'm reinstalling windows again. Fakkk

Spartan@HIDevolution and Darkhan like this.