*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay, so I could still use some help with an issue that is plaguing my Area 51M. When I am playing Apex Legends, I regularly lag out. But what's weird is that my character can no longer move, but I can watch other characters actively moving/shooting for about 5 seconds before the full network lock up. I end up sitting there for about 15 seconds unable to do anything, and then everything suddely resumes like nothing is wrong. Does anyone have any idea about what could be causing this?

I believe someone previously mentioned the Killler Control Center that windows 10 automatically installs could be causing this. I uninstalled that, but there may be other components I need to disable in services or something? I wasn't exactly clear on the full steps to take.

To clarify, this is affecting only my computer. I have other computers on the same network at the same time in my party in game, and they are experiencing no lag. So it's definitely something up with this Area 51M. Thoughts?

I could really use some help. I am at my wits end. Made me lose a big kill game the other day because it lagged me out right in front of another team, and I was just standing there.

c69k likes this.
  2. Killerkrack

Killerkrack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had this exact issue with my 51m with multiple other PCs on the same network that weren’t experiencing anything. What fixed it for me was a fresh windows install and installing the “Driver Only” for the killer networking.

SlickDragon likes this.
  3. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try installing it again and disabling "Advanced Stream Detect.' This is the option that seems to be causing issues in Apex for a lot of people, myself included. Turning it off fixed it for me.

SlickDragon likes this.
  4. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have reinstalled fresh already. Didn't install it. Windows 10 installed it automatically. Still happening after removing it.

I have disabled it. Let's hope it fixed it! Fingers crossed.

5. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Happened on 1.3.1 and 1.3.2

Will try this later, Thanks!!!

6. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Was done by HID before I got the laptop and they put pads in the places that Dell missed.

Will also try lowering my OC even though I am not hitting voltage or thermal limits. I let Afterburner run its built in OC scan and set a custom curve. I then added +134 clock and +200 mem on top of that curve. It is happening with my GPU hitting between 70 and 75. Thermal limit is 87.

Wish MSi Afterburner and Riva Tuner OSD would show the wattage being pulled by the GPU like it will for the CPU.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    SlickDragon and Spartan like this.
  7. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    u might wanna check your DGFF underneath VRMs. looks to me like HID did not replace those pads or completely missed that part prior to their first burnt case. fujipoly sure dont look purple.

propeldragon likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Dell won't recall anything, if users don't face problem on A51M they haven't lost any money and in case they fail they replace the faulty board with new board with new rev silently.

propeldragon likes this.
  9. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    having problems with your spell checker on your iToy phone? [​IMG]

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Try putting Apex legends in graphics settings to use Nvidia GPU aka High performance. https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/manage-graphics-performance-per-app-windows-10/

AlexusR likes this.