*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine does the same thing and would tank frames and disconnect, I had to get my Xbox one controller dongle and plug it in, now it never disconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Latest Bluetooth Driver:

Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Bluetooth Driver v21.0.0.4

3. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    they're the same freakin' card, if you download the driver and extract it, you will see the files say Intel Bluetooth.

2019-03-29_232103.jpg

And here's the Intel download link but a slightly older version so try the Killer link I gave you above that's newer: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28627/a08/BT_20.120.2_64_Win10.exe

Killer Wireless-AC 1550 = Intel 9260, same card, same chip, same drivers, one is just rebranded by Killer.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    propeldragon, SlickDragon and Darkhan like this.
  5. jorotaruGuy

jorotaruGuy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow, that's literally in the same location as this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/b2r1rn/my_area51m_started_smoking_i_took_it_apart_and/

LoganWade likes this.
  6. clayton006

clayton006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you buy the monitor from this site or somewhere else? I don't speak Chinese so ordering this from the site linked would be difficult.

Lantea likes this.
  7. LoganWade

LoganWade Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I still only use an old 360 wired controller, seems to have less issues than the x1 controller. I did order a C40 from Astro, we'll see how that works when it gets here.

8. Wiz bit

Wiz bit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The auo screen gets a contrast of 1000:1-mark on notebookcheck .. the LG Phillips got 500:1 but better colours just .. so auo panel may not be too bad I guess what looks good to me may not to everyone else.

I do prefer the LG Phillips 144 gsync thou over the qhd panel in the r4/5 as blacks look blacker and colours are certainly better and make the qhd panel colours looked washed out in comparison ...

9. SirAesir

SirAesir Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys I would like to join the club,
    I have hade my Area 51-M (Lunar white) for about 2 weeks now, ordered it through HIDevolution and picked it up at one of their locations nearby ( Great company) below are some brief specs

- 9900k-2800 ( CPU is delidded, a 8700 was taken out and an 9900k from the box was put in, I still have the i7 sticker on)
    - 40GB ram (already came with 8 so I put in another 32GB vengeance)
    - 2 500GB Samsung 9700 evo plus m,2 SSD cards
    - 1TB SSHD
    - AHCI booted from one of the m.2 SSD cards
    - Intel AC9260 ( even though people say its the same as the killer I saw enough bad flak to stay away)
    - upgraded thermals which includes the repaste and pads
    - 1080P 144Hz screen W/Tobi
    - added heat sinks for the 2 SSD cards
    - Windows 10 pro
    - 2 year premium warranty
    - 2 year accidental
    - 30 day pixel guarantee

I also opted to get the backpack made for the Area 51m and the quality on that thing is pretty damn good. Ordered some different cable ties to try and manage the mess that comes with the AC adapters.

I have been messing around with overclocking and have bounced around between Awcc, XTU and TS and as of right now I only have TS installed for the CPU and MSI Afterburner for the GPU. I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the undervolt and added volts to work in XTU and then there is Awcc....for some people it has worked but for me that thing is a disaster.
    I had some early issues cloning my SSD and making it my C drive and as of now I am still unsure how I resolved the issue but I got a good laugh when I called Alienware support and they told me the Samsung 970 evo plus cards were not supported and that I should return them and get a different brand.
    When performance mode was greyed out I was told some of the system configurations are unable to support that feature in the bios, turns out all I needed to do was reset the bios, pretty depressed about the bios still though.
    I have done all I can to keep the 9900k cool by adding thermal upgrades and I have to say I am pretty damn impressed, the beast runs very cool.
    I was lurking in the background of this forum for about a month trying to grab all the info I could but I have been pretty active on Reddit ( not much info there concerning this machine)

I used to build PCs and be more of an enthusiast about 8 years ago but then life got in the way and I had to give away my rig, my knowledge is pretty rusty so forgive me if I ask any noobish questions.

SlickDragon and mason2smart like this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I see. Well if you've used MSI`s Chi Mei N173HHE-G32 17.3" FHD 120 Hz/3ms Screen, anything would look good after that.