*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just search Area 51m service manual, it will pop up on Google and you can download the pdf.

LoganWade likes this.
  2. Wiz bit

Wiz bit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Kormi likes this.
  3. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That thing has been up on dell's website since before they started shipping the laptops back in january.

Spartan and LoganWade like this.
  4. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    ouch, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Excuse me your highness I wasn't trying to invade your privacy and see your secret Twitter account handle > [​IMG].When anyone makes such broad claims about a big company like Dell admitting that there is a defect and possible a recall. If you don't show proof, we take what you're saying with a grain of salt. ie. trolling

No one told you that you were "obligated" to help us, we just want solid facts with proof, with this kind of childish attitude that you are showing, I don't think anyone would be interested to help you in the future. see ya

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

propeldragon and DannyB513 like this.
  5. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As if having a bad day isn't enough, wow you guys are so toxic, thank you for such a great morale boost. Thank you.

Here, you happy now? How is this for a troll?

*Cut*

EDIT: I would highly appreciate it, if this image isn't used to do some "Threaten" tech support, I posted it here, because of toxicity. I don't want to look bad on the alienware tech support guys as in "Look at this crybaby, went out and direclty posted it online to rant about it".

I am well aware that these guys do whatever that they can to fix the issue, It just happens to be that my laptop is a very important asset to me, so having to wait an extra month for it, made my temper go up.

Thank you

EDIT 2: Took out the "proof" image out for reasons stated above. It was just to prove my point, not the actual explanation of the issue, which I did earlier, only to get flamed.

You can probably still find the image, and once again if you do, please don't use it anywhere else.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    SlickDragon, Ashtrix, Lantea and 19 others like this.
  6. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    thx bro, that's all we wanted to see. Not doubting you, but such serious matters always need to be backed up by seeing such messages. I feel you man, I am using my wife's 5 year old computer since 10 days and am literally dying here typing on this old Dell Vostro 14 all day long. I know how it feels, at this point, if I were you, I would get a refund and look elsewhere or hang in there for a month if you *really* like this laptop.

All the best

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And Umar and Azor wash their hands (and dare not stand up and tell the truth). Sad.

8. Cashb005

Cashb005 Newbie

Reputations:
    First time making an account. Long time lurker.

Background info. I ordered two 51m systems on March 12th to replace two underperforming workstations.

Original delivery was 3/26.

Delay 1: Ship date of 3/29 delivery April 1-4. I was told this delay was for a parts shortage.

I have been calling daily since 3/26 to confirm my systems are on track for a 3/29 ship date.

Called into Dell 3/28 and the rep confirmed my systems have been built and that the delay is for a quality control issue and my systems are undergoing testing.

Delay 2: Spoke with a online chat rep today where I was informed my ship date has been moved to 4/04.

This chat got a little odd. I was told it was because of part shortage. I then proceeded to say that a phone rep confirmed yesterday that my systems are built and that the real issue is quality not a part shortage. The chat rep then proceeded to confirm that it is a quality issue with part J5F37. I asked what part this was and was told they don’t have access to part description only part number.

Do what you will with this info, I just figured that I may be informative with this information. I forgot to screenshot as my blood pressure is still elevated after finding out about the 2nd delay.

Edit: After seeing the above posts if J5F37 is the part number for the motherboard I will be canceling my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickDragon, Darkhan and Spartan like this.
  9. Ted@HIDevolution

Ted@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    We don't know the cause. Once we have any relevant information to report, another post will be made.

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Sorry for the loss. And I'll add some reps for a morale boost! Did you ask them if they could send you a XPS or Precision lineup that's has same value as A51 until Known issues are resolved if they actually knew it.

SlickDragon, DrewN and jclausius like this.