*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. craigery81

craigery81 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure I've seen the 2080 in everyone. That would also mean the 330W in everyone and also the vbios update.

2. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, on status page there is a list to the right of things you can do and Cancel order is one of them. That simple.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I expect Dell already have produced and sold several thousand of this model already (same MB revision). As long as Dell does not revoke/recall/send out tech to replace MB on these models, then expect Dell's software engineering team to make firmware changes. This is natural if the fail percentage is too large. This is normal procedure after a while for most notebook manufacturers. Be careful when new firmware come out.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  4. tutu0405

tutu0405 Newbie

Reputations:
    I only got return option? It is because already shipped out?

5. Aradhakr84

Aradhakr84 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If its shipped then you have to wait till you receive it and then contact Dell for return process.

For me its saying my order is partially shipped since this evening. Not sure what that means or what is being shipped partially.

6. garyfl

garyfl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The least they could do as well is proactively contact those at risk if there is a genuine fault on a specific batch. Time will tell.

7. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it is in transit. Decline signature and they will give refund takes about 2 weeks for refund?

8. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I can make it run...need help though. All I need is to get a way to install the nVidia driver...then it'll work fine.

Here's proper 5.3Ghz :p

https://valid.x86.fr/9brbj6

Frank said on twitter he is looking into it. They need to have a machine sent back to see what caused it probably.

raz8020 and steberg like this.
  9. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @ssj92

1) How did you install it on Windows 7? UEFI mode + Legacy ROM or pure Legacy?

2) You are not on RAID I assume

3) How did you get the drivers to work? Did they all install fine with the exception of the nVIDIA Drivers?

4) I know it' silly but you did download the Windows 7 driver for your nVIDIA Graphics right not the regular Windows 10 one? If so, what's the error message? Did you also try an older driver like one version behind?

10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    1) No option to change UEFI or Legacy, it's stuck in pure uefi mode.

2) I am booting from a USB drive, so doesn't matter.

3) I didn't. I can't get into windows. Only way to get windows 7 to work in pure uefi mode is to install the graphics drivers. On my M18xR2 it's running pure uefi mode windows 7.

Until I can find a way to install the nVidia drivers (requires modified INF btw for RTX 2080) I cannot boot into windows 7. Unless AW enables us to disable UEFI.