*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The real fix for the 79°C limit is HWiNFO64 with EC support unchecked before opening. Then you gotta control your fan manually, this is going to bypass the "BIOS" temp limit.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965U1 en utilisant Tapatalk

DreDre and Fire Tiger like this.
  3. Saryon1

Saryon1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not that I've noticed. I have MSI afterburner and rivatuner running when I game so I can see things like temp and GPU mhz. There are times when my 2080 was pushing 80 without throttling. I run my fans on max when gaming.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  4. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi guys, sorry if my question sounds dumb, I couldnt quite understand dell warranty. Like if my unit covered if it gets a specific hardware failure like gpu failure or cpu/mobo; etc. I scanned through and I find it a bit vague.

It states if some "third party repair attempt" warrenty fails. I opened the case to repaste etc.

5. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It means if you take it apart, or someone else that isn't authorized does, and they break something, then that won't be covered under warranty. You can repaste all you want, as long as you don't break anything then it won't void your warranty. Honestly in these cases, the best advice is to just not tell them anymore if you repasted. The sad part is that their tech support staff is not trained well and a lot of them will tell you not to repaste or it will void your warranty, which is absolutely does not do.

For example....if you take your laptop apart to repaste and break a cable while your in there then that isn't covered under warranty. If you repaste your laptop and then a memory module dies, that is covered as long as it wasn't a direct result of the repaste. The only reason I even mention it is because people HAVE shorted out their RAM when LM has wandered over the board.

6. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I guess Im upping the warrenty.

7. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Press F to pay respect

A51m. Sep 2019- Jul 2021
    Rest In Pieces

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    c69k, Papusan, etern4l and 1 other person like this.
  8. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What happened brother? GPU burn out?

Papusan, Biker Gremling and Vanya like this.
  9. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No, the laptop started crashing lots and lots for weeks... until it finally crashed and didn't turn back on. I tried swapping the CPU but the thing is completely dead. 99% certain the motherboard is dead. I though it was a problem with AWCC or CPU overclock... Maybe bad windows... but no, the mobo just gave up.

Enviado desde mi GM1913 mediante Tapatalk

10. Virale

Virale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can probably sell the 2080, CPU, and the heat sink for a good amount of money. And the display with the hinge and everything.

There has to be people wanting to buy the “upgrade” from a 2060/2070 or a lower processor to the 9900K, or maybe wanting to go to the 144hz gsync display or replace a broken display.

Even though it’s in pieces, you can probably get a good chunk of cash out of it towards your next (non-AW!!!!!!) system

It was good having you around man!

Good luck with the next one! :) see you in the forums

etern4l and Fire Tiger like this.