*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would suggest that you contact a law firm in your local area that handles class action type lawsuits, I would imagine that once one lawsuit has been filed as it has in the US it would lend impetus to actions in other localities. Its at least worth looking into and maybe it will snowball, can you imagine Dell being faced with multiple lawsuits from multiple countries at the same time?

Papusan, DreDre and Fire Tiger like this.
  2. Saryon1

Saryon1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used the killler software uninstaller. Then downloaded the drivers from the intel website, deleted the adapter from device manager making sure to delete the driver as well, then extracted the exe with 7zip and pointed the NIC to the inf file when I reinstalled it.

MogRules likes this.
  3. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    new bios 1.14 - anybody try this yet?

4. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looks like more Intel Security fixes. I would expect more CPU performance hits from every Intel security patch BIOS. I gave up after 1.12 tanked my CPU performance. I went back to 1.7.3 and am not moving from it again.

DreDre, Vasudev, Vanya and 1 other person like this.
  5. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm happy with 1.5
    Was speaking with Dell tech yesterday, got 4 years warranty so i figured i would get my keyboard replaced since when the machine is cool you have to put quite a bit of pressure some of the keys for them to work, everything is fine when machine warms yet, so it just irritating, but the tech was adamant that we had to update the bios before he could send out a replacement keyboard, took me an hour to convience him that it is a keyboard hardware issue, but he was soo stuck on his policy. Luckily i convinced him to send send out a keyboard replacement. Hopefully the dell tech that shows up isn't adamant about him doing the job, as there is nothing in the world that is going to let me allow him to touch it. Keyboard is one of the biggest jobs on this computer, not going to trust it to some "Dell tech". Hopefully he is ok with watching me doing it, I've seen enough "techs" in my life to know this type of job would scare the crap out of most of them.

6. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey,
    I'm sitting on 1.6.2 with a Chi-Mei G-Sync panel.
    Is there something special with 1.7.3?

Envoyé de mon SM-G965U1 en utilisant Tapatalk

7. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't think so, but i can't remember honestly. I think maybe the versions past that reduced CPU performance due to Intel patches. Most people stick to 1.5.0.

DreDre and Papusan like this.
  8. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    I live in Georgia in the U.S., that explains it...

DreDre and Papusan like this.
  9. Saryon1

Saryon1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sad to see this thread slowing down. Guess folks have moved onto bigger and better things. On the bright side I picked up an AGA to use with my M1 once I find a 3080...

Fire Tiger and Virale like this.
  10. InfectedSonic

InfectedSonic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i still have mine running strong. i even picked up a valve index recently for it too. was trying to get an aga but cant find what i consider a reasonable priced one yet (had bought one for 130 but seller cancelled on me)

Fire Tiger likes this.