*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

No I don't feel that is "On Rails" at all. I think you can make it SEEM to be on rails by the way you play it. If your a Witcher III player and you know how CDPR laid things out in that game you will take a more measured and slow approach and take time to explore, but if your only interested in the scripted story then your cheating yourself out of half the game and it might feel more "On Rails" to you simply because your doing all the heavy scripted story driven missions on right after the other, I don't think there is any other way to tell a story then scripted missions that will feel guided unless you want to spend 100+ hours reading the story bit by bit lol.

I think this game strikes a great balance like Witcher III did between beautiful story rich scripted ( on rails ) missions and free roam.

It's weird I have not seen any of those glitches at all, as far as "on rails" Only the main story missions are, everything else is not. I have stopped my first playthrough on Corpo with all most all side Gigs and complete and just before the No turning back point, and started a New game Nomad and I have seen some variation in events and conversations, of course I am deliberately selecting different conversation options this time in some places to see what changes.

With over 50 hours in my first playthrough and did not even do very many of the ? spots or even any of the NCPD spots, I could see well over 100+ hours if you focus on side quests for leveling and then do main quests when you get bored with those. But it's hard to get bored yet there are so many secrets and side quests within side quests, I think too many people raced through the main story and cheated themselves out of the entire experiance.

DreDre likes this.
  2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    BTW guys there is a great thread dedicated to this fascinating topic: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-chat-thread.818861/page-89#post-11065753

Normimb and jclausius like this.
  3. MichaelBlast

MichaelBlast Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Need some help with Alienware control center fx settings... Downgraded bios from 1.7.3 to 1.5.0 to gain 10% more performance. Once I downgraded the bios and reinstalled the OS the led lights on the touchpad, power button, back off lcd, and back fan grill dont work.

4. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    got back up and running today, I'm currently trying to get my games and files back how they were. at least AWCC is showing my GHZ in the gauges again and windows is finally up to date so i can use the Windows Mixed Reality VR updates that came with Windows 20h2 (i was stuck on 1903 on my old windows build for some reason). i can't get Alienware Mobile Connect app to install for some reason though. it says my system isn't compatible....

Docsteel and MogRules like this.
  5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fix for Windows Store: This app is not compatible with this device

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Fire Tiger and Jontoad like this.
  6. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thanks. that worked for downloading and installing it. but now when i run the mobile connect program it it says the driver won't load even though you can see the phones messages and files in their tabs in the app on the PC's screen. a google search showed this to be a common problem, but trying the fix to make it work doesn't work for me. i tried the steps in the fix with the newest driver and the driver the app links you to install and it didn't make a difference.

the "your phone" app windows loads seems to be a better working application. so may just use that instead anyways.

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    1) The Alienware Mobile Connect Driver has to be installed as well in addition to the app

2) You MUST uninstall the built in Your Phone app otherwise the Alienware Mobile Connect won't work. Use CCleaner to uninstall it as you can't simply right click on it and hit uninstall (no uninstall option)

Jontoad and Papusan like this.
  8. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i did end up doing the new windows install without raid after the tech left. that way i can switch one of the drives out for a 2tb nvme ssd soon.

*edit* ended up replacing both 512gb ssd's. cloned the OS to a 1tb Samsung 970 evo plus and put a 2tb Samsung evo plus in the other M.2 bay. i moved one of the 512gb drives to an external thunderbolt/usb M.2 enclosure.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  9. PLANTONE

PLANTONE Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So we don't have USB 3.2 2x2 right?

10. echterion

echterion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am searching on the net for a new RTX2080 card. Anybody knows the differencies between these Dell part numbers: YMTMW and V08H9? I found 2080 cards with both of these numbers.