*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    :oops::rolleyes: well you would certainly hope not....

Hope it all goes well and your back up and running in a day or two.

Jontoad likes this.
  2. Dbentt

Dbentt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Haven't been using my a51m much lately (managed to snag a 3090 and 5800X lol) but decided to tinker today since I'm away from home. Managed to get Cyberpunk running at a decent framerate (60-70) with ultra settings (except for shadow cascading, that's on medium and it bought me a lot of fps) and a couple of Ray tracing settings turned on.

Still a beastly machine.

DreDre, chewbakaats58 and MogRules like this.
  3. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sorry for OT...

I'm not really in the gaming scene. My son tells me Cyberpunk has been recalled for PS4 and XBOX One. Has the PC version also been recalled?

4. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No, the PC open beta testing continues :D

5. 1Schumsta1

1Schumsta1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Today i recognized that my battery pack blows up so i called Dell and get an replacement on monday. I asked several times, if its possible to run apps and games normal. Dell (technican) said its no problem and there will be no problem running without battery pack. I am a VR programmer and i need good performace for it, so i tried it out, but sometimes the machine shuts down without any message. It happens too if i try to play Fifa or any game. Is that normal? Could someone try this out maybe? Big Thanks for your replies.

EDIT: figured it out. One of the 180W Adapter is not working correctly. Have 2 of each(180 and 330) and the other pair is working fine. Orderd a new one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  6. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been playing the PC version since release around 50 hours so far and I have not run into any serious bugs or problems, I am almost ready to start the last quest line ( I think ) but taking it slow and cleaning up all the side missions and secret locations, sure I have seen a few small items floating in air here or there, and cars can be quirky at times but no game breaking issues and graphics are fantastic.

I can't believe the disgusting clusterf#$k pile on that is the Internet these days who are all these self appointed critics and WTF have any of them ever created ? I understand the Console versions may be in bad shape right now but they will be improved with upcoming patches, the Rage Mob has ZERO patience and buckets of slander and absolutely no class.

I hope CD Project Red ignores it all and keeps doing their own thing, this is a thinking man's game and it rewards exploration and problem solving, if you run through it like it's Doom II your not playing it right. I have been constantly surprised by the quality and depth of the stories as well as the world.

If you slow down and pay attention the game really has an underlying Sam Spade Detective story feel to it, and all the bright glitzy eye candy on top of story driven pressure you feel to press on can really suck you into it's world, IMO the key is to resist the urge to rush, so far not much is time dependent really in any way and this game rewards exploration.

c69k and jclausius like this.
  7. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    Strange - I was watching a streamer on PC and the amount of bugs were embarrasingly bad. I mean the characters hair just randomly disappeared in the mirror, gun sounds happened after fights, and people just phased in and out repeatedly. I don't doubt what you are saying, I am just wondering why so many would report such bad issues if it was uncommon....?

The biggest criticism I have read is its very "on rails" in the story, would you say that?

8. Trulyfatal

Trulyfatal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, i got a problem. My screen would randomly just go very bright for no particular reason, as you can see in the video at the beginning opening up command center.. Disabling the video card turns it back to normal as you can see.. re-enabling the card would turn everything back to bright untill i restart my computer.. is my rtx 2080 broken ?

thanks

9. Daniel_alienware

Daniel_alienware Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what is the "Intel - System - 1/1/1970 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.42" driver update available on Windows Update?

10. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Same problem with other software/nvidia drivers?
    Intel Chipset Device Driver (not a real driver). Why let Windows update drivers on a working system?

https://twitter.com/barbbowman/status/1309522461915074560

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020