*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone got a skin on their A51M? I have the lunar white and the damn this is a stain magnet. Im wondering if putting a skin on will increase the temps of the laptop (yes I know it sounds stupid) but I'm curious

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Dell DGFF RTX cards ain't for ordinary sale (retail or upgrade). So the price aspect ain't something the people should bother with.

As I said in post above. All remaining 2080 graphics will be used for repairs/or used in replacement machines. Also one of the reason Dell only offered the 2080 upgrade package a very short time on their webpage. As you know... Umar Khan said they couldn't offer it now due the ongoing Corona crisis 2 or 3 months ago. But we all know the real reason for remove it from their sales webpage.

The replacement Area51m that is being offered...

Now in my experience (so far) I have effectively gone through:

3x Motherboard replacements

5x Audio board replacements

3x Graphics Cards

2x Heatsinks and Fans

3x Speakers

I have yet to have a fully functional unit since the day I became an owner of this system. I love the look and feel and I love the promise of it's potential but I am a bit disheartened that Dell were not able to find an R2 model the replace my system with.

The other post...
    upload_2020-7-21_23-54-23.png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    jc_denton, raz8020, RMLJD and 5 others like this.
  3. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would file a BBB complaint on them. That's just insane. Makes me feel happy atleast I got geek squad warranty on mine

Fire Tiger likes this.
  4. Melvin Rousseau

Melvin Rousseau Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have you guys ever encountered this problem ?
    No matter what I do it doesn't solve it
    I have reinstalled all the softwares three times , reflashed the bios 1.5 .
    Nothing works ..
    @spartan7_7 have you got any idea ?
    I swear this software is evil

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just as an alternative have you tried Intel XTU or ThrottleStop to see if the OC/UV ability is there?

6. Melvin Rousseau

Melvin Rousseau Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes everything works fine I can still overclock through the command center but if just annoys me that it is not working properly

Fire Tiger likes this.
  7. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does anyone can confirm or deny if the 2070 VBIOS is 150W, and can anyone post a dump of a 2070 VBIOS?

8. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Use the Search function for 'skin' or posts from @S.K or @Virale within this thread. I know S.K mentioned some skinning on the case using vinyl contact paper for drawers and posted some results. Virale called the skinjob (not to be confused with a Terminator) Stormtrooper or something. There may be some other posts as well.

You could follow up with questions to them regarding heat / thermal issues. But I don't recall anyone posting anything regarding your question since the plastic/metal of the casing is not really designed to be a thermal exhaust point.

c69k, Papusan and Sabs47 like this.
  9. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    mine has been doing the same thing for a few months. the GHZ gauge and temp on that page doesn't show, the usage percentage below it still shows though. if i go to the thermals tab it still shows the cpu fan temp. if i go to the thermals tab it still shows the cpu fan temp. so i know it's reading it. like with you a reinstall didn't do anything. so i have just ignored it since overclocking seems to be still working fine and the performance has still been great.

the other issue i have with AWCC is two of my keys are magenta instead of red until AWCC opens on start up. then they revert back to my all red theme. full uninstall and re-install doesn't fix that either.

those are the only 2 issues i have ever had with mine.

DreDre likes this.
  10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you try doing a clean install using this guide?

Guide: How to unlock the GPU Thermal Limit Slider in Alienware Command Center

It's mentioned there how to remove all the Alienware Command Center directories and registry keys manually.

Also make sure when you download the Command Center installer, that it's not blocked since it was downloaded from the internet.
    Make sure to right click on the file you just downloaded, go to Properties, then hit Unblock from the bottom right as it may be blocked since it was downloaded from the internet, if you don't do this before you run the file, then it may not install correctly.

To prevent this automatic blocking of files in the future so you don't have to go unblocking every file you download to ensure it runs properly, follow the guide in this thread:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/are-you-sure-you-want-to-run-this-file-yes-or-no.825668/