*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Rodrigo Yasuda

Rodrigo Yasuda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone tried Corsair MP600? Does it fit in the slot? I'm asking because heatsink looks huge

2. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This is from an email I received form them: (one line of the email. I am in talks with much more detail and information I am giving them....
    "We’ve also received reports that Dell includes documents in their packaging that tells consumers that they’ve waived their right to a join a class action and are bound by an arbitration clause. Many courts have upheld these types of agreements even though most people have never even read the them. Do you have the paperwork that came in your box? If so, could you please scan/photograph them and send it to us? "

Biker Gremling and jc_denton like this.
  3. Virale

Virale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry, what’s all this mean? I have my original box and all it’s contents. Can I help?

4. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wonder if this lawsuit is a global thing? Doubt this would stand up in the UK?

Biker Gremling and jc_denton like this.
  5. Leander_RS

Leander_RS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok so I am a huge idiot. I tried to repaste mine and followed the manual to the letter making sure it all goes back the way it was. But I might have done damage as my main display does not turn on anymore and without an external display connecting to the Intel GPU it does this now:

The Device Manager says RTX2080 with Code 43 and support assist says my LCD has a problem. I can get the RTX card to work when I reinstall the nvidia drivers but after restarting the drivers are gone again. Did I break the LCD cable somehow? I have no idea how because I gently unplugged and plugged it back in.

I guess it is Dell who will have to try to save it now as I may be too Pepega to do it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  6. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    Curious about the 2070 Mobile in the A51M R1 - using HWInfo I often see GPU clocks that max at 1900 or so - is Dell doing some kind of unstated OC?

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Typically the "mini-DP" connector is only on the end that connects to the laptop. The end that connects to the monitor is typically the standard DisplayPort size. This is what I use to connect my TongFang turdbook (dual mini-DP connections) to my dual curved AOC 144Hz monitor setup.

https://www.amazon.com/Moread-DisplayPort-Gold-Plated-Thunderbolt-Resolution/dp/B07868DF7P
    upload_2020-6-19_21-35-19.png

You can buy DisplayPort cables with the same or different connections at either end. You can also get mini-DP to HDMI cables if you need to for monitors that are HDMI with no DP ports.

jc_denton and Rei Fukai like this.
  8. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not even going to say anything. I have not heard that error beep before either.

Ok I lied I do have one thing. As I have not re-pasted my machine and will not do so for a long long time as I keep my temps in the 50s-60s, I will let someone that has done repaste work on the Area-51m chime in here. The error beep sounds like a tornado warning coming over the radio though.

9. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    And the plot thickens.

10. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have my box lying somewhere... I can check it out later to see.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Docsteel likes this.