*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ckezema

ckezema Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Awesome thanks! Kind of figured. Welp back on the horn with dell to get the right panel..

Helifax and Fire Tiger like this.
  2. Wendell Augusto Borges

Wendell Augusto Borges Newbie

Reputations:

I prefer the Dark Side too... but when i bought mine, i paid 500 USD less in the white lunar....;););)
    Just because this i bought the white... :(

Helifax likes this.
  3. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    ssj92, iunlock, jclausius and 6 others like this.
  4. Virale

Virale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know man, frankly it’s unacceptable. I loved my 51m bare lunar light. Looks sick! Sad I had to wrap it.

Had I noticed something stain it and not come off in the first month of use, I would have returned it, knowing it was going to be a pain in the ass to be “afraid to even touch it” because without the skin, I would literally be afraid to put my palms on it or rest my mouse/mousepad/headphones. Effing stupid.

jclausius and Biker Gremling like this.
  5. Wiz bit

Wiz bit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im on bios 1.3.2 and had my 51m since feb 19 an since being forced to upgrade command centre I was stuck on gpu 75c. I followed the above however my cpu underclock doesent work.

What does 5. check on profile do? If I check the box I don’t get the overclock options, I have to uncheck it to make sure I get the options to overclock an move the temp to 84c

Clearly dell are now trying to force the gpu thermal throttle via command centre now not just the recent bios.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  6. PDUB72

PDUB72 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I hope mods will forgive the sort of double post, but I'm wondering if diskpart/clean is essential when doing a clean install as outlined in Spartans guide to Clean Install of Windows 10. I posted a couple specific questions over on that thread.

10% battery drain this morning, by the way. I can't believe Tech Support doesn't acknowledge this as a problem. Now it's almost everyday instead of only a couple times a week. I'm determined to fix it.

7. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    step 5 is essential to unlock the GPU Thermal throttling point in the Alienware Command Center. I do that and am able to undervolt the CPU just fine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I test/save for the undervolt then th GPU temp limit increase saving them to the same profile name (in this case, I called it 4.9 GHz), then I select that profile in the main tab to make sure that's the active profile and the undervolt/GPU temp increase are in place.

[​IMG]

I am on BIOS 1.3.2 and on the latest Alienware Command Center and OC Controls.

c69k likes this.
  8. Wiz bit

Reputations:
    I am able to undervolt the cpu an lower the core clock in command centre as you show in the image, however despite selecting the newly created profile, hwinfo reports all CPU’s running at 4.5 rather then 4.2, gpu temp does reach 81c so is not locked at 75c

But after about an hour the gpu temp resets its self to 75c and was locked again. I think as I was connected to the internet either command centre updated again or I don’t know ? I will try it all again but might be worth cross checking your cpu is actually running at a lower speed you set in command centre using HWINFO ...

9. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    lower speed? What? I am not running or even wanting to downclock my CPU! Undervolting is giving it slightly less voltage than the default voltage set by Intel to lower the temps not running the CPU at a lower speed. That's called "downclocking" completely different thing.

MogRules likes this.
  10. Wiz bit

Reputations:
    I’m downclocking slightly an undervolting, but the downclock doesn’t work an I’m not sure the undervolting is working either despite what command centre reports ..